“Tremendous step back to Paris!”
Review of La Creme Brulee - CLOSED

La Creme Brulee
Cuisines: French
Dining options: Reservations
Description: 253-589-3001; listed on facebook; listed in CitySearch
Reviewed 1 February 2014

What a delightful experience this tiny restaurant affords lucky patrons who choose to dine in this establishment. We had known of La Crème Brulee for some time but finally took an opportunity to make a reservation and enjoy. We were met with an experience beyond our expectations. My mother chose a perfectly prepared filet mignon, my sister tried the delicious, melt-in-your-mouth Boeuf Bourguignon. I enjoyed fresh, local scallops prepared on a delicious thin layer of delicious potatoes. The atmosphere is much like being in a bistro in Paris or on a bus traveling about the city. Don't miss an opportunity to enjoy this little gem on Wednesday through Saturday. Reservations are recommended and they are only open during the evenings.

3  Thank camodoc9

Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Authentic French cuisine in a small town is a rare find. Our meal was delicious and the experience enjoyable. A place to relax, enjoy and savor the flavors.

We asked our server what he recommended and we were very pleased with everything.

4  Thank Realtorjt
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We recently relocated to Washington State and were lucky enough to move about six blocks away from this little gem! We've been half a dozen times already and fall in love all over again each time. The other reviewers are right on - if you an impatient diner or on a tight schedule or need lots of attention from your waiter than this is NOT the place for you. If you want to have a leisurely dining experience with AMAZING food and a fun quirky atmosphere then head on over tonight! You will not be disappointed. A few times we have been the last or next to the last table and the staff could not have been more accomodating - we never felt rushed, they weren't pulling up the chairs and vacuuming as we ate - they offered us more coffee and made us feel at home. Can't say enough wonderful things about it!

2  Thank bethk803
Reviewed 19 June 2013

My husband and I dined here with another couple on a recent trip to Steilacoom. The atmosphere was nice. We didn't have reservations, but there was no wait. It was about 6:45 on a Saturday night.

We ordered both the smoked salmon and fondue appetizers. Both were delicious. I had the bouillabaisse and my husband had the boeuf bourguignon. They were the best of each that either of us has ever had (though we've never been to France!). After dinner, we ordered two desserts to share. The creme brulee shouldn't be missed! It was fantastic! Overall, the food was absolutely delicious and worth the price.

As far as service goes, our waitress told us she was new, and it showed. She was pretty awful! Nice, but extremely slow. She spilled a drink on me at one point. I do appreciate the French way of dining, meaning taking your time, but three hours was a bit much for us. Luckily, the other couple with us had dined here before and had great service in the past, so we weren't too put off by it.

During our dessert, the owner/chef came to our table and introduced himself. He also poured us glasses of wine he had recently brought back from Paris to complement our desserts. It was a very nice touch.

I highly recommend dining at La Creme Brulee if you have the chance. It was a most wonderful experience. I would rate it Excellent if it weren't for the poor service that night. We all left satisfied!

2  Thank msudawg98
Reviewed 25 May 2013

We eat here often. A small family atmosphere. REAL French cooking. Only open 3 to 4 days a week. Worth the drive; make reservations.

1  Thank madmaddie