“Unplug and enjoy the view!”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stevenson
Columbia Gorge Riverside Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Stevenson
Burien, Washington
“Unplug and enjoy the view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2013

We loved our Africa-themed cabin right next to the Columbia River. We stayed three nights while attending a conference at Skamania Lodge, and our little log cabin was clean and comfortable. The trains going by did not bother us. The deck and hot tub offered great views of windsurfers and kiteboarders - even an old-fashioned riverboat churned by. We liked being right next to the park called Bob's Beach, where the windsurfers put in. The walking trail along the river's edge was steps from our deck, and we enjoyed the lovely flower gardens between the cabins. I'll be back!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Barbara P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Eureka, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

Nice efficiency cablins with an upscale twist. We really enjoyed our stay here. Love the town and access to the river. Well maintained cabins have great little efficiency kitchens and comfortable beds. Angus is a delight and very knowledgeable about the area. Was nice to not have phones or TV and we ended up walking a great deal and truly enjoying the area. There is a train that comes by at all hours, I was not bothered nor my partner, but I could see where it might bother some folks. I was too relaxed to care. I plan on comng back and staying longer in the off season when I have more time. This place is well worth the time and not your average night's stay.

Room Tip: The website will show you each room (suite). If the train bothers you pick one further away from the...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank K M
Seattle
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

We stayed one night at the Columbia Gorge Riverside Lodge and enjoyed it. We were in Room 8 which is farthest from the river but still has a partial view of the water. The log cabin construction is very atmospheric. Our room was compact and comfortable. The lodge has no tv or phones in its rooms, a welcome relief for people who want peace and quiet on vacation. Angus, the manager/owner, was very helpful and knowledgable. There are several good restaurants for all three meals within easy walking distance in Stevenson. The train does run very close to the hotel, and the sounds of the crossings guard clanging and the train whistle are easily heard. The hotel does provide earplugs. We wanted to stay another night but hadn't made reservations and the lodge was full.

Room Tip: Reserve as early as you can to get a room or cabin with a full river view.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bap2015
Kensington, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2013

We booked this last minute while touring the area late in the day and when we called, I believe Angus the owner answered and he took care of us right away and made it very easy to check in after hours. Yes, all the quirks the other reviewers mentioned are true, however the charm, quality, landscaping and setting more than make up for it. My boyfriend, who has redone our entire house himself, was especially impressed with the quality of the cabins and attention to detail that went into the lodge. We were sorry we could not stay another couple days. I am a light sleeper and had no issues with the passing trains. Had a good set of earplugs and an attitude that is was a bit romantic. The kitchen was more than adequate, and the decor was personal and interesting. Be aware early in the season that nearby restaurants close early. We ran up to the grocery store to get a bite and they were busy so stayed open a few minutes past their scheduled 9pm closing. so we had fruit, cheese and bread out on the back patio with river view. I highly suggest going that route and enjoying the lodge.

Room Tip: Would recommend the larger riverside cabin. We would stay there next time. We stayed in 6, which was...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ren01
Portland, Oregon
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

This is a great retreat, not only from everyday life, but from the average motel experience. The log cabins do not have TVs or phones. They do have wonderful views of the Columbia River, which is just a few feet from the cabin decks. The cabins have hot tubs on the deck, and gas stoves, in the style of wood stoves, for heat. The cabins are all done in a rustic, log cabin style.

While the trains do run by during the night, my wife and I find them to be part of the atmosphere. I recommend this to anyone looking for something out of the ordinary.

Room Tip: We stay in La Frontera, which is next to the Columbia. It is the largest unit, and the most private...
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled on business
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2013 via mobile

Beautiful site - love being this close to the river. Bald eagles were perched in the trees outside my balcony, so wonderful to watch! I had an upstairs unit, which was very comfortable for 1-2 people. Liked having the small kitchen to use and hot tub on the lower deck was great at night, overlooking the river. Oh yeah - the train whistles were VERY loud....but worth the loss of REM sleep to be able to enjoy this special site! I would stay here again, but I will bring my headphones next time! Thanks for unexpected relaxing stay!!

• Stayed February 2013
2 Thank K9sage
Portland, Oregon, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2012

We recently stayed at this little cluster of cabins right on the banks of the mighty Columbia. The log cabins were very charming. Our family rented 5 of the cabins for our gathering. My husband and I stayed in the cabin named Far East. Although the cabin was small it was efficient and well appointed. We prefer a king sized bed and since this cabin had merely a double bed, I decided to sleep on the futon, which was as comfortable as the usual futon. . . not very. But, the trains are really noisy and frequent, so sleep was pretty scarce anyway. There's a good reason you'll find ear plugs on the bedside tables. If we were to return, we'd choose LaFrontera, it is a larger unit and has a larger bed and is closest to the river and further from the train tracks. This is a place for relaxing, there are no televisions or telephones in the cabins, but they do have wifi (even though it's a little hard to get connected). Since Stevenson is less than an hour away from where we live, it's unlikely we'll return, but I can imagine a stay there in the summer on the river would be great!

Room Tip: Choose the big cabin closest to the river, La Frontera.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Ck23501
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Columbia Gorge Riverside Lodge? Share your experiences!