“Lovely Stay”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Stevenson
Columbia Gorge Riverside Lodge
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Stevenson
New York City, New York
“Lovely Stay”
Reviewed 5 July 2006

We had a lovely stay at the Columbia Gorge Riverside Lodge. The other review is correct about the trains, but we stayed in a room facing the river, not the tracks. The sound is quite loud, but it didn't come close to ruining our stay there. We stayed in the 'Africa' room. Our deck opened to a spectacular view of the river. The owner did a lovely job at making us feel at home.
The room is small, but if you've ever lived in Manhattan, it feels spacious! It was extremely clean and wonderfully calm. We soaked in the hot tub morning and night while looking at the calm river in front of us.
We highly recommend the Walking Man Pub (within walking distance from the lodge) for their microbrews. very tasty.

Overall, it was a lovely stay for anyone who doesn't mind 'roughing it' a little (dealing with the sounds of the trains, no tv, etc.) and just sitting back and enjoying the peaceful view.

• Stayed June 2006
3 Thank eastvillagegal

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Portland OR
Reviewed 25 February 2006

This room, The "OUTBACK" is about 35 feet from the towns RailRoad Crossing. Trains go by all night long, and they blow thier whistles right at the crossing. Windows facing the tracks & all the way around the room and hardwood floors provide no sound buffering at all. This info was played down by the managment at booking, mngr said "Most of our customers don't have a problem with it". I was not told how close the tracks were, or of the amount of single pane windows facing the tracks. Also, the heater did not work properly and the room was scorching hot all night, even several adjustments failed to relieve the room temp. Mngr made it clear to me he didn't want to be bothered. An in room massage booked through the lodge cancelled at the last minute. I chose to leave a day ealy due to feeling more stress from the conditions of the room than I had from my high stress job before I got there. Mngr knew in advance of purchase that I needed to REST. Mngr "excused" himself, refunded just $61 of $172 paid in advance. He knew my requirements, and I believe, should not have rented me the room in the first place. TOTAL RIP OFF.

9 Thank RealPotential
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson
Best Western Plus Columbia River Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Columbia Gorge Riverside Lodge? Share your experiences!