“Needs to improve”

Skamania Lodge
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Stevenson
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 28 August 2014

The location of the hotel is great that you can enjoy the nature. I love sitting in the lobby and just relax. I came here with my husband and our pet. We made the reservation to require the pet friendly room that morning and checked in late around 9 pm. However, there was no record of our reservation. Luckily, the staff was helpful and still got us a pet friendly room. The room is big (extra space for the dogs?) and has a back door which is easy to access to street and walk the dog. I don't know how other pet friendly rooms look like. But the room is quite old and dark. It looked empty and not cozy at all. The bathroom was poorly maintained. Next day, we had breakfast buffet in the restaurant. The view from the restaurant was beautiful. The food was a bit cold. I would recommend just order the food from the menu not the buffet.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Ken D, General Manager at Skamania Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2014

Dear peihlsL718 -

I appreciate your comments and I am happy that we had a pet friendly room for you as we have a lot of demand for these rooms. I've noted your comments and want you to know that we are continuously upgrading our guest rooms and will be improvinig the pet rooms as well. We'll also make sure that we keep that food pipiing hot for you on that breakfast buffet.

Thank you for your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Sincerley,

Ken

Write a ReviewReviews (2,564)

Reviewed 28 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights earlier this week with a family member who flew in from California. The room was not what we were lead to believe, it was a 'premier' room on the fourth floor however it had little/no views and it was smaller in size. The beds were very uncomfortable. The food was very expensive, expecially given that there's only 2 options on-site. Fortunately we had brought some of our own food to supplement... Most staff were friendly and hospitable. Lots of little tourist attractions close by. Amazing views all around. Zip line tour on site was awesome but again, quite expensive. I would recommend a stay at The Lodge however be prepared, as I'm sure this comes as no surprise given the type of destination... I am not a complainer by nature and I am certainly not a cheap skate, I am an honest person who works hard and I do not take things for granted. At the same time we do not have a bottomless pit of money!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank David A

Hi David A -

We certainly appreciate your comments and are pleased that you are recommending us. You know, beds are such a personal choice and I want you to know that we just replaced all of our beds to a premium, Sealy Posturepedic Titanium mattress set and our guests have been very pleased with this choice. Let us know next time if you need your bed a bit firmer or softer so we can have it just right for you.I'm happy that you enjoyed the zipline. It takes a lot of effort from Team Zip to create this wonderful experience where you have the opportunity to feel the excitement of 7 different zip trails and learn new skills, all the while, keeping you safe.

I sure hope you come and see us again. We would love to have you back.

Ken

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I stayed here with my husband and two children two nights in November. The area is just gorgeous and the hotel is warm and inviting in atmosphere and staff. When we inquired about the outdoor fire pit, the staff offered to light it early just for us; it was great to sip hot apple cider by the big fire.

I thought it was very fun to have the option of both an indoor and outdoor hottub option. Very relaxing.

The property hiking trails were nice and not difficult for kids. Before our hiking excursion, my children were given a scavenger hunt list for the trail and rewarded with prizes when we returned(this was a big hit with the kids.) I was very pleased with the food and cocktails in both restaurants. My only complaint about the hotel is that refrigerators are not provided in the rooms(although if you request one, the staff will bring you one.) Microwaves in the rooms would be a nice addition for them to consider, as well. Overall, I really liked this place and would stay again.

Room Tip: If you would like a refrigerator in your room, be sure to request one.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 August 2014

i have been here twice now for business conferences. everything is spectacular, from the rooms to the amenities to the food to the views. overlooking the Colombia River Gorge while eating or just relaxing is worth the cost plus more. the staff is friendly and helpful. i love this place and would gladly go back again and again..

Room Tip: the river view rooms are my favorite
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 August 2014

Beautiful location, great staff and good food. An outside pool is the missing link but we really enjoyed our stay. Lots of activities on offer with helpful information on local walks and hikes. Check out Martin's Gorge Excursions - he is a great, knowledgeable guide.

Room Tip: Get River view rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

My sister and I chose Skamania Lodge to celebrate her 60th and enjoy a girls' weekend away.
The outdoor patio overlooking the Columbia River Gorge was spectacular! What a treat to watch the sail boats on the river while we sipped our wine. The food was wonderful at both restaurants; A casual but very classy feel to this resort. Also enjoyed a wonderful massage and facial. The outdoor, natural design, hot tub was magnificent! What really topped off my positive experience was that I had left something in the drawer and I called and it was mailed to me the next day with no questions and no mailing charge. I thought that was extremely classy of this fine establishment. I hope to return again sometime. Oh...P.S. the waiters were super cute :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Checked in for 2 nights and was pleasantly surprised at the delightful view from our room. Very noisy as other guests headed to bed. Comfortable beds in our 2 bed room. Lots of large groups. They were sold out both nights I stayed there. Loved the view of the water.
Excellent exercise facility and nice spa area. My granddaughter was excited for the free make up samples!
Dining room food was wonderful and price was comparable to restaurants in town I visited, which were not as good. Breakfast burrito was the highlight!
Staff were attentive. I have stayed here before, about 5 years ago, and found everything to be much improved.
Excellent experience.

Room Tip: This property has a lot of conventions so request a remote room away from elevators.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stevenson
Columbia Cliff Villas Hotel
Hampton Inn & Suites Hood River
Hood River Hotel
Hood River Hotel
#6 of 8 in Hood River

Been to Skamania Lodge? Share your experiences!