“decent place”
Review of Sumner Motor Inn

Sumner Motor Inn
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Sumner
Reviewed 13 August 2014

We stayed here for the Journey concert at White River. It was a decent hotel. The rooms were nice and clean, well used, but not dingy. There is only one electrical outlet that is accessible in the room we were in, so dont expect to be charging devices etc unless you bring an extension cord or something. The staff were friendly and helpful. It took 20 min to wake them to check out at 6am on a Sunday, but i understand, not everyone is an early riser. They did forget that we were charged a deposit of 20$ for the key since we paid in cash, but we still got the cash back - I assume that they resolved it on their end. There was a party in the parking lot one night, but people were not overly loud or obnoxious. We paid a great price for 4 nights in a hotel, and if you think this place is bad - check out a few places by Seatac... YUCK! We would stay here again and would recommend it to friends as a value option. The AC in the room didn't work well for me, but others in the family were able to make it work. They do have a few rooms with 3 beds. Nice if you have a group of people, or children that dont want to share a bed etc. The area is nice. Directly across the street from Fred Meyers, and the town is quiet, and quaint and nice. old town feel to it. We loved our stay and will be using them again for sure!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank DariaM534

Reviewed 12 August 2014

We stayed in Rm 114 (smoking room) since it was the only room available. The smell from the smoke was to be expected, but upon entering the room, we seriously contemplated getting our money back and finding another room elsewhere, even if it meant driving some distance. The door had obviously been kicked in a time or two, frame was poorly repaired, but they did add extra locks, which were hard to lock as frame was damaged. The rug... omg, the RUG! Nastiest piece of carpet I've ever seen, sticky and stained, dirty - obviously has not been shampooed in quite some time, if ever! I was afraid to walk barefoot on it. The shower had lots of hot water, the toilet worked and the beds were ok which is about all I can say decent about this place. We could not leave this motel fast enough - Never again!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Dianne L
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Rebecca K.
staff was helpful and efficient, clean rooms, close to everything. this is 2nd time have stayed there and will be staying there again in 3 weeks. we would recommend this place to our friends.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Rebecca K
Reviewed 28 June 2014

Our room was clean with great beds. I knew ahead of time that there were not many amenities such as iron and hair dryer. It did lack electrical outlets that one could access so I bought an extension cord that I now carry in my laptop case. As this is an economy hotel, there was no breakfast which we also knew ahead of time, and housekeeping was at a minimum, which we didn't mind. We plan to stay again when we visit our family in Puyallup! This was a great value for the seven nights that we stayed!!

Room Tip: I did ask to see the room first.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank sisnokmail41
Reviewed 26 June 2014

we really enjoyed our stay will stay again....clean friendly...everyone kind ..quiet clean rooms..pets allowed cose to town and resturants. no pool but stores right there.bathrooms clean and lots of hot water.

Room Tip: top end quieter
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank renee r
Reviewed 15 June 2014

I've stayed there several times I enjoy my visits good clean rooms and good location for resturants and shopping, just to mention some staff Cheri the manager and Terry head of housekeeping do a great job

• Stayed: May 2014
2  Thank jefviking1
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I was in town a total of 4 days and the hotel had several problems while I was there. The first night the local police showed up and searched the room just below mine. The next night there was a fight with members of two different groups of young men. Then the last day I was there as I am checking to make sure that I was leaving nothing behind, I find crack that was half burnt in a pop can. I took it to the Mangers office, so they would not think it was me who was using it, and the manger had no ideal what it was that had been burnt in a non smoking room. While its the only hotel in the middle of Sumner, I would ot say it safe for anyone to use.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Larry M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sumner
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Sumner
Guest House Inn Enumclaw
#2 of 2 in Enumclaw
Quality Inn & Suites
Best Western Plus Mountain View Auburn Inn

Been to Sumner Motor Inn? Share your experiences!