“Disappointment”

Clearwater Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Suquamish
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Our local car club had an event at this Casino. I called 6-8 weeks before the event to reserve a room. Our room was a meeting room. We wound up sleeping on a Murphy bed. Microwave and frig were tucked in corner, and there was a shower only. Not worth even a discount of $119. I was not comfortable at all in this room. I won't be going back.

Room Tip: Don't pick a room on the 1st floor and don't let them talk you in to it.
6  Thank MustangDavKat

Reviewed 20 January 2014

My husband and I stayed in one of the king suites for three nights. We arrived shortly after check-in and unfortunately were asked to wait 30 minutes for our room to be ready. The front desk staff were very apologetic and we didn't mind waiting in the spacious lobby by the fireplace.

Once in our room we were pretty impressed by the modern furniture and amenities (mini fridge, microwave, plenty of towels, large jacuzzi tub). The bedding was luxurious and I nearly bought the comforter (most things in the rooms are for sale but with some outrageous prices). The jacuzzi tub had a slight layer of lint/dust on the bottom and the first bit of water I ran came out discolored yellow. The jets were also very weak and we ended up never using them.

The resort grounds were beautiful even though it was raining/misty and there was some construction going on. The pool was on the smaller side but was quite nice. The complimentary breakfast in the mornings was greatly appreciated. Juice, cereal, scrambled eggs (powdered), bacon, toast, cottage cheese and more.

The casino was alright and my husband and father-in-law both won at the table games. The buffet was a disappointment for dinner with half the offerings being Chinese food. The beef brisket, however, was delicious. The afternoon buffet had better variety, a mix of breakfast, lunch and dinner items. The non-alcoholic drink choices are really limited. The deli was alright with quick service and a wide array of choices (fried foods, sandwiches, burgers, wings, breakfast). I was a little disappointed when I found out the nachos supreme I ordered had a canned chili topping instead of taco meat. I wouldn't have ordered it knowing that was standard.

We will keep Clearwater in mind for our next getaway as the overall experience was wonderful.

3  Thank Britianee J
Reviewed 12 January 2014

The rooms at Clearwater are very clean and lovely. The service was fantastic all the way around. We would have taken a water view room, but it was so overcast and we were only there one night, so we stayed in a regular king room. The shower is a large walk-in and was awesome. Every where we went on the property was pristine, and the employees very friendly.

At the casino, the slots seemed looser than in other WA casinos. There was a fantastic variety of slots, including some older-style that I like. The employees kept everything neat and clean and were the friendliest of any casino I've been to. There are free beverages including hot chocolate!

The only negative I have is that the buffet was nothing to write home about. Some of the food was a bit cold, and mediocre as far as flavor and taste goes. It took a long time to get our drinks.

I will definitely be coming back and will try a different venue for meals within the casino.

The rooms are a bit pricey for us, but with the player's club, we had 10% off, so that helped.

2  Thank ImaNebraskaGirl
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Hallway was so smokey my wife had a bad asthma attack and our room also had lingering smoke smell even thou it was non-smoking room! Unfortunately, that is to be expected from a casino hotel?! But, finding a used condom next to our bed (by the bed skirt) was so disgusting!! I called the front desk to talk to the manager but was told to call back after the weekend... Not satisfied at all!!!

• Stayed: December 2013
6  Thank gallabill13
Reviewed 11 November 2013

We just spent 3 days there and I was great. The hotel is a short, very short, walk from the casino. Check-in was painless and the room was 10% off because I had a casino players card - they are free. You should stop in the casino and pick one up before checking in. There is a free buffet style breakfast every morning in the lobby, and on the weekend they open a small bar in the same area. It was nice to sit in front of the double fireplace and relax with a drink. The room was awesome, we were on the 3rd floor facing the water. The beds and pillows were great, and the HVAC system was very quiet. It was great to have a small fridge and microwave as well as a coffee maker. Free wireless and HD TV was great too. We were there in November so we didn't use the deck but we sure will when we return in the summer.

Room Tip: I would stay on the water side and on the top floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank 56Special
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We aren't that into gambling, but if you are, there are loads of things to see and do in casino, even an event calendar. Decent priced buffets, too! What we wanted was a nearby getaway to rest and relax. We had been kind of tired and achy, and just wanted to have some R&R. The rooms are gorgeous, keep the NW theme with elegance [not a real fan of the Native photos of poverty, perhaps some woven blankets or carvings would be more uplifting art. It's hard to sleep when you are staring at those photos!]. So, a great room with no entry pool and hot tub and a hot breakfast for $77 is unheard of! We wanted to use the spa, I was doing a dance workshop and knew I'd be stiff and sore. It is a little pricier than what we were used to, so we did shorter massages. The place couldn't be cleaner or the staff nicer, and one of the best massages I ever had. We kind of wished the hotel had room service; after all that pampering one doesn't want to get dressed and go into cigarette smoke of the casino, so that would be a suggestion of simple food like sandwiches to deliver. Next time we will bring food, they have a nice set up of microwave and fridge; not being cheap but if you want a romantic time to unwind, heading out isn't ideal. I do love that the hotel was separate, on the water with lovely places to sit. I sat and painted, the lighting and plants were so beautiful. The staff that we had was all very nice and professional. Really a great time, can't believe how much we got for a bargain!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 17 October 2013

We were at a wedding reception at the near-by destination of the Kiana Lodge and spent the night at the Clearwater Casino Hotel. Other than a strange entry where you have to wind around the casino and the parking garage, everything else was a pleasant surprise and we would highly recommend to anyone traveling in the area!
The reception was warm, the art Northwest Coast Indian in design, the room clean and well appointed, the bed comfortable and the window even opens to let in the cool night air. It was also nice and quiet even though we ended up with a room facing the parking lot - which was still nicer than one would expect.
In the morning they have a nice complimentary breakfast with a beautiful view out towards Agate Pass and Bainbridge Island. We walked the grounds with lovely floral arrangements in the pots and one could see it would be especially nice in the summer months with chairs and such facing the water. The rooms facing in this direction all had balconies and looked like they would have a great view. (All were taken when we made our last minute reservation.)
Never went to the casino - not our cup of tea, but enjoyed the hotel at the resort and would recommend!

Room Tip: Go for a water view if you can - beautiful view towards the water.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Krisinseattle
Also consider these accommodations in or near Suquamish
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Island Suites
Best Western Plus Bainbridge Isl...
#1 of 5 in Bainbridge Island
Best Western Plus Silverdale Beach Hotel
The Resort at Port Ludlow
The Resort at Port Ludlow
#1 of 1 in Port Ludlow

Been to Clearwater Casino Resort? Share your experiences!