“Get it together!”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Atlanta, Georgia
“Get it together!”
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I have been staying at the Murano for over a year now, the parking situation has gone from bad to worse, they recently changed the process for self parking guest's, it went from placing a piece of paper on the dash after you check in (which is inconvenient) to asking for your licence plate, this would be fine, if they could find a way to "save" your licence plate, and not ask for it every time you check in!

3 Thank colombianfoodie
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
First of all, thank you for your business.

I appreciate your feedback and I am sorry for your frustration relating to our new parking procedures.

Our new system is meant to make the whole process of self-parking more convenient for our guests so that they do not have to return to their vehicles with the paper parking slip. I will certainly look into your suggestion to see if we can improve upon the system in place.

Stan Kott, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (289)
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I'm calling this stay an "excellent value" because thanks to a "mystery hotel" bidding site, our rate was more than 50% lower then the online quoted room rate. Otherwise, I might have called it an "average" value. The nearby convention center as well as the Tacoma Dome seemed quiet that evening, perhaps that's how we landed that rate.

If you are shopping this hotel against others in the area, be aware of the $16 parking fee. Other reviewers mention an internet fee. I didn't use the hotel's internet during my stay.

Overall the hotel is in good shape and lives up to it's 4-star billing. Our room was very clean and comfortable. The bed was good, the show head and water temperature were excellent. My only complaints are the less-than-acceptable flushing power of the toilet and a shortage of bedside electrical outlets.

Room service was excellent also.

I'd stay here again.

Room Tip: Rooms ending in 02 offer great view of Mt Rainer.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank gfselect
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

We appreciate being deemed an "excellent value" as were certainly work hard to take care of our guests by providing clean, comfortable, and well-appointed rooms & suites.

Your constructive comments on the plumbing and availability of bedside electrical outlets are helpful too, and we will address them when and where possible.

We hope that you visit us again soon.

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at Hotel Murano for a concert we had at Emerald Queen. It's in a good spot right off the freeway exit and entrance but you dont hear the freeway noise at all. Even in the room, I didnt hear my neighbors at all.
Before even walking in, you can see the glass art work in the doors themselves; and inside, it's so amazing! love the glass art everywhere.
We were upgraded to the 24th floor and got a bay view window, it was beautiful! I felt like I was in San Francisco. The rooms arent too big but they're nice and I love the nightlight lamps! I would've given this review a 5 but the room size was a bit smaller than I'd like for an upgrade
Staying on the 24th floor you get to take part in the continental breakfast but we didnt get to try it out because I'm never up before 10 haha darn it! I really wanted to try it.
But I highly recommend this hotel, even if whatever you're there for is a bit of a drive, it's worth it!

Room Tip: choose a room on the 24th or 25th floor so you get better views of the bay or Mt Rainer. I picked a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank biancaj503
Dear Bianca,

Thank you for your comments and thoughtful review.

We appreciate your candid remarks, your tips, and comparison to your San Francisco experience certainly paint a positive picture.

We hope that you'll join us here again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Loved my stay at the Hotel Murano! I have made this my home away from home when I'm working in the Northwest, and Janette Simon has certainly made me feel welcome. The hotel's location is easily accessed from I-5, and the beautiful artwork throughout the hotel gives it a unique, contemporary ambience. Also, the restaurant is perfect for a late dinner when I return to the hotel after a long day of work.

1 Thank townjcvt
Dear Ms. T.

Thank you for sharing your recent experience with us and also for your kind remarks regarding Janette.

We are fortunate to have her as a key contributing member of our staff and I am glad that you had the opportunity to experience a bit of what she does for all of us, virtually every day.

I appreciate your comments on our location, art work, and our restaurant and we will look forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Portsmouth, Virginia
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The hotel is centered in town and close to most attractions. It houses many artworks. It is modern and that almost had me make reservations. Thankfully, I did not. The customer service was great. The rooms had great showers, good beds, luxurious pillows, soft comforters, and overall very well planned. I dislike paying extra for internet and parking, but all in all I would stay here again.

1 Thank JayB1r
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Hello Jay,

Thank you for the nice review and sharing some of the highlights of what you enjoyed during your visit.

Also, I do appreciate your comments regarding parking and Wi-Fi.

Stash Rewards Members do receive FREE Wi-Fi and to become a member, all you need to do is provide your e-mail address at check-in.

I hope that you'll join us again in the future.

Honolulu, Hawaii
Reviewed 1 June 2014

The glass themed hotel had some outstanding works of art. Each floor has its own artist with works in the hall and in the room. The staff was wonderful and helpful. The room was quiet and clean. I loved resting on the comfortable chaise lounge and looking out at the sky and mountains. The valets were very helpful. Some guests had trouble with the elevator renovations but if you (put your reading glasses on) followed the directions it was perfectly simple.

Room Tip: We were up high and it was wonderfully quiet.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MWCHonolulu
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Thank you for your thoughtful review.

It sounds as if you had a relaxing and enjoyable visit and I am glad that our elevator modernization project proved to not be a challenge to you, and I appreciate your comments. "Perfectly Simple"...

I do hope that you will be able to join us again in the future.

Berkeley, California
Reviewed 31 May 2014

This is the 3rd or 4th time I've stayed at the Hotel Murano since our daughter started at the University of Puget Sound in Tacoma. This hotel is beautiful, the staff is warm and friendly -- from the valets to the people behind the check-in counter, from bartenders to the wait staff in the restaurant, from the concierge to cleaning staff. The lobby is welcoming, the rooms are spacious and comfortable, and the location is great.

The hotel features an abundance of art glass installations throughout the lobby and on every floor. Each floor features the work of a different artist, either purchased or especially commissioned for the hotel. Be sure to ask for a key that lets you stop on every floor and take the time to look at the glass . . .

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank JasonBrandtLewis
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 2 June 2014
Dear Jason,

Wow, thank you for such a wonderful review.

You have certainly hit upon many of our key attributes and I appreciate your feedback on our dedicated and service minded staff.

Repeat guests are so important to us and I am happy to hear that we are your destination of choice here in Tacoma. Thank you for your business!