“Night of Relaxation”

Ranked #3 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Seattle, Washington
“Night of Relaxation”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed here one night when our usual hotel in Gig Harbor, WA was booked up. The King room was spacious. The bathroom was well laid out and the water pressure was amazing. The walls seemed a bit thin and we did hear a baby crying in the room next to us, but I always travel with ear plugs & slept very well that night. Room service was promt & delicious...told us our food would be there in 30 minutes, was there in 15. Also we were only charged for valet once, even though we left and came back...that coupled with the free Wifi offset the little bit higher price of the room. Defintely would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

It looks as if you had an enjoyable visit and I do appreciate your candid remarks.

I am glad to hear that you'd stay with us again, and I hope that you'll be able to do so real soon.

Stan Kott, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (276)
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We were very lucky to have an east-facing room and beautiful cloud free weather during our stay. The room was clean and modern. We liked the bed lamps which have a mood light setting, and the robes were high quality. The elevators can be frustrating when busy, and the windows let in a lot of outside noise - surprised to hear people talking down at street level from 11th floor. This section of town is a bit dead, no options for night life and restaurants in walking distance.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your review.

I apologize for your frustrations related to our elevators, and am happy to note that our modernization project is almost complete.

Your kind remarks regarding your room are appreciated.

I am somewhat surprised by your comments about our "section of town" as there are truly many great attractions and opportunities for entertainment within easy walking distance, and I am sorry that my staff did not adequately point out some of these options to you.

I do hope you'll join us again sometime.

Best regards,

Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

My patience wore out with the elevator situation. Here's a tip: stay on lower floor where you can walk. Crowded with conventions and upgrading the elevators caused significant delays. Rooms are nice but little things like slow drains and warm AC pushed my rating down.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Trevor,

Thanks for the feedback and I am sorry about the issues you endured relating to our elevators.

Our full modernization project is mostly complete and the speed and efficiency of the new equipment will much improved.

I will be sure that the maintenance items you noted with your room are addressed and apologize for a less than perfect stay.

I do hope we'll have another opportunity to be of service to you.

Seattle
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We recently stayed here one night for a wedding. We had stayed here previously several years ago. I didn't care as much for this room as the previous room, but it was one of the block rooms for the wedding party. The room was very good size - 2 comfortable queen beds. The bathroom was kind of quirky - I'm one of those strange women that like to wash my hair in the sink or tub in the morning as I prefer bath to shower. With this bathroom that was impossible. It was one of those elevated sinks (not much counter space) with the faucet coming from the side and it barely reached over the sink. The toilet was wedged so tightly between the sink counter and the tub, I would have had to lie on the toilet in order to get to the faucet in the tub. So - it was a shower morning. The rooms are arranged so there are two rooms in a little alcove with the doors facing each other. There are lots of wedding parties going on at the hotel with lots of activities. The people in the room next to us sharing the alcove were coming and going all night, so we could hear their door open and close all night long.

The lobby is really well decorated with a great bar area and several other areas with fireplaces, etc. that groups or couples can have a drink and visit. We enjoyed visiting with old friends there after the wedding. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Overall, I really enjoyed the stay but would try and choose a better room.

Room Tip: Rooms are very modern and up to date, but I would try and get more of an upgraded room that faced ea...
1 Thank Colleen_travelqu
Dar Colleen,

Thank you for your feedback.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy your particular room this time as much as you did during your last visit. We do have many different room configurations, designs, and overall options within our inventory of 319 rooms and suites, and I am sure that if you give us another opportunity to be of service to you, we'd find one more to your liking.

It does appear that you enjoyed your visit overall, and we do appreciate your compliments.

Cleveland, OH
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

Wish I could have spent more time here! Nice location in Tacoma w/ great view of Mt. Rainier from room. Nice touches in room different from most chains and reasonably priced as well. Great little bar area as well for the business traveler to unwind.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Your kind remarks are appreciated!

We are glad you found us, and hope that you will have the chance to visit us again.

Kent, Washington
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We had a family get together in downtown Tacoma so we got a room here since we got a discounted family rate. Very nice hotel but was disappointed in the size of the room. Staff was very friendly and the view from our room was great but like I said it was very small in size. The lounge bar was a great place to start off the night before we walked down to the establishments on Pacific Avenue. Great location and nicely appointed hotel.

Room Tip: If a larger room is an option go for it. Basic rooms are tiny.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
We appreciate your feedback and I am happy that your overall experience was positive.

I am sorry that you were disappointed with the size of your room though.

We do have a wide variety of room designs, sizes, and configurations within our inventory of 320 rooms and suites and if you are able to join us again in the future, I am certain that we'd be able to find one that you would enjoy.

Thanks for taking the time to write about your visit.

Edmonds, WA
Reviewed 21 July 2014

My husband and I had our first experience at Hotel Murano this past weekend. We had concert tickets near Tacoma and wanted to stay at a decent hotel, and found the reviews on TripAdvisor to be positve. We were not disappointed with our choice to stay here. From the moment we walked in we were given superior service, even though the hotel was bustling with people due to many wedding parties being held at the property. Our room was clean, had quality bedding, and upscale furnishings. The view from our room on the 23rd floor was nice and even with the hotel "over-booked" it was very quiet and we had no problems whatsoever. The elevator service was a bit slow, as mentioned by other reviewers, but definitely not a huge issue while we were there. Each floor has a different theme/glass artist, and with each stop on various floors we took a peek at the display from the elevator, so the elevator stops became interesting. We enjoyed our breakfast in Bite, (the restaurant within the hotel) before checking out on Sunday and were pleased with the price, staff and quality of food. We are already planning out next stay in November. Highly recommend this hotel!

Stan K, General Manager at Hotel Murano, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
"Wonderful review"...

Thank you for your thorough and thoughtful feedback with regards to your recent stay with us.

It sounds as if you had a chance to enjoy much of what we have to offer and I am glad that you also dined in our restaurant, BITE, and that you found it to be a good value.

Repeat guests are important to us, and I am happy to hear you are already thinking of dates to return.