“Spectactular View of Mt. Ranier”

Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Denver, Colorado
“Spectactular View of Mt. Ranier”
Reviewed 7 February 2012

A large room, with a beautiful view of Mt. Ranier, helpful staff, and a wonderful breakfast. A great weekend getaway and a convenient location. All this at a budget price. Wonderful.

Room Tip: Room 208 excekkebt vuew if Mt. Ranier
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank angels81

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Oregon City, Oregon
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Aside from the big man w lots of kids and many waffles to make, it was a treat to stay here. I do, however, give the breakfast buffet a thumbs up. Our room was clean, spacious, and nice. The staff was friendly(the entire staff) and helpful. My boyfriend used his senior discount and the check in/out process went like clockwork. The hotel is close to the Glass museum, which we highly recommend, and the aquarium is a few miles close. It's not a bad are for sight seeing either. I really love the number of pillows provided(a chic thing) and I forgot to ask what make and model their beds are. OMG, cumfy, he and I both slept awesome. I do advise asking for a room not next to the elevator. It didn't bother us but it may for people who have sensitive hearing. It was a deep hum, not loud. Overall...A-

Room Tip: Get to the waffle maker prior to the opening of breakfast and if noises bother you, get a room away...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Marilyn S
62025
Reviewed 12 January 2012

out of expectation. good staff, pool, Jacuzzi. convenient location. one block to a large nice city park.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank wanderfree22
Portland,OR
Reviewed 21 December 2011

After a horrible experience beyond measure at Crossland, this hotel was awesome and understanding. They gave us a reasonable rate based on our experience down the street. We enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend this facility, it was quiet, people were helpful, breakfast was fantastic with a great variety and the coffee stayed out during the day as well.

Room Tip: This hotel was near a bar, but still quiet, and a casino within walking distance, although you would...
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank ja2era
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 18 September 2011

I stayed a couple months ago and came back for business (to a different hotel) this last week. I didn't come back for a reason. Mattress is in need of replacement and I wasn't very pleased with the cleansliness.

Needs remodel.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Lucy S
Yesenia G, Guest Relations Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, 3 September 2015
We wanted to start off by apologizing for the situation of your stay. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review to further any future accommodations and to improve all of the aspects of the hotel. Thank You

Travellers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Boise, Idaho
Reviewed 16 September 2011

I checked in at 5pm and there was one person checking people in and 15 guests waiting. The only nice thing I found was that my room had a microwave and mini frig.I travel to about 45 hotels a year and this hotel by far had the worst mattress ever. If I had my car I could have gotten a much better night sleep if I had slept in it and that is the honest truth. I found it odd that you only get one bar of soap in your room. Mainly because I stayed in a room with 2 queen beds. The other odd thing is that the room lacked electrical outlet. To iron my clothes in the morning, I has to use the outlet under the computer desk. The toilet in the room was old and would barely flush. Breakfast was plain with cereal, waffles, yogurt, and toast. I will not be staying at a Red Lion property ever again.

Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Rob2222
South Pasadena, California
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We stayed one night at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma on our way from Port Angeles to The Dalles on Hwy 410 and US 97.

The Check-in and Check-out was so prompt and the Front Desk staff was very friendly, nice and hospitable.

The room was very clean, comfortable and well kept. Linen, towel etc exceptionally clean.

The hotel has easy parking and it was conveniently located near Fwy I 5. There were several decent eateries around.

The B/F was not bad and the area was well kept.

We enjoyed our stay and will come back again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family