“Strongly Recommend!”

Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
Ranked #17 of 27 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed 21 May 2013

I wholeheartedly recommend the Red Lion Tacoma. We were recently allowed to choose our accommodations in Tacoma and went on walkthroughs through several local Tacoma hotels. The decision to go with the Red Lion Tacoma was unanimous!

The other hotels in the same vicinity are closely clumped together and we were concerned about the safety of our vehicles. The location is great since there is easy access to I-5N and I-5S. Plus, there is a pool and hot tub!

The manager and staff have provided “STELLAR” service and, in every case, have above and beyond in accommodating our stay. The rooms are very clean and well organized. Have a pet? No problem! Rooms are available that allow pets.

The Manager’s Reception every Wednesday is excellent and highly recommended from pulled pork sandwiches to BBQ short ribs. On other days, there is a Subway across the street that is open late at night. Sports Authority, Olive Garden, and other restaurants/stores are within a 5 min drive.

For the price and location, I gladly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Jon L

Reviewed 18 May 2013

This budget hotel is like other chains terms of product but not as good. Compared to a Fairfield or a Hampton, the few bucks saved was not worth it. The bed was soft and the sheets crummy and the breakfast was cold only except for the waffle iron. Service was fine but I think that I will stick with the other chains offering this category of accommodations.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2013

We stayed at the hotel , my wife and two sons while visiting for a sports convention , We had a couple issues with the bathroom & the beds still had soiled linens on them from the previous peoples stay . I brought this to the attention of the guy at desk , apparently he was the GM , young , snied and arrogant kid is what I saw . Ryan was his name - He told us the rooms were cleaned before our reserved arrival and they in fact were not, there were used condoms in the waste basket and the room had an odor that was mixed cigarette and something like burnt rubber. While the hotel hallways & lobby were what you would expect from a Red Lion , the staff was not . I would not stay here as it seems to be ran by a twerp with an attitude and they just dont deserve our money !

Room Tip: stay at a corporate owned and operated Red Lion , they seem to be consistent !
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Jon T
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to comment about your recent stay with us. I do apologize for the lack of cleanliness in your room and that our staff was not more accommodating with this situation. We strive to provide all our guests with the high quality of service that we maintain throughout all of our hotels.
Thank you again for your feedback and we hope to have the opportunity to better serve you on your next visit.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 7 March 2013

I stayed here while visiting my grandparents in Tacoma. The lcation of the hotel worked great for me. The easy access to freeways couldn't make my life easier.The room was very clean and well organized. I am very picky about cleaness when it comes to hotels but I didn't have any problems. The staff were friendly and kind. I see some bad reviews about this hotel but I personally don't agree. It is a great hotel to stay comfortably.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank eunicehk92
Reviewed 28 February 2013

Stayed here a year ago & this year again.
It was nice then and they've been re-doing & improving beds, rooms, halls & meeting rooms!
It's nice right now & They're still improving ..

Friendly staff and good feel overall.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank freedom1220
RLGuestRelations, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your return visit to Red Lion Hotel Tacoma.

We are glad that you enjoyed the updates to the hotel. We hope to continue to improve the quality of the offerings and services at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma.

Thank you for your feedback and we hope to see you again soon!

Ryan Kang

Reviewed 13 February 2013

Stayed here with my daughter while my wife was in the hospital having our 2nd child. We both got ill after swimmimg in the pool. we had to pull the sheet off one of the beds after my daughter got sick in it and found a large blood stain on the mattress. the staff was less than helpfull in resolving any of these matters, stating they couldnt do anything for us because we booked our room through a travelsite instead of directly through them. We will never stay at a Red Lion again and wouldnt recommend this hotel to our worst enemy.

• Stayed: December 2012
1  Thank famliof4
RLGuestRelations, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded 18 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We have gone through series of renovations, room upgrades, and staff training to provide a great guest experience. It is very unfortunate to hear about your experience. I sincerely apologize for the experience you encountered during your travels to Tacoma.

In improving our service and offerings, we would like to get more information on name of reservations and date of stay to help us pinpoint the issues.

We look forward to talking to you soon. I can be reach at 253.548.1212.

Thank you.
Ryan Kang

Reviewed 10 February 2013

Fair conditions. The vent over the shower was not positioned in place. When the vent fan was turned on the bathroom smelled like cigarette smoke. There was a potato chip on the floor near the side table, and I did not have chips in my room.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo