Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
US$124
  • Breakfast included
US$136
US$121
Hotels.com
Shilo Inns Tacoma(Tacoma)(Great Value!)
US$135
US$132
Travelocity
All reviewswafflespool and hot tubcomplimentary breakfastshayfreeway
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 November 2013

We ordered a king size room and wound up with something akin to a suite. There was one large room with a leather couch, TV, writing desk and tons of space. Then, in the bathroom we had the sink, slate tile, marble counter tops, walk-in tile shower next to a large jacuzzi tub, king size bed, large mirrored closet, and another TV along with tons of extra space. It was so much more than we could have possibly hoped for or expected. We were very satisfied with the room.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Keith A
REDLIONHOTELTACOMA, General Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2014

At Red Lion Hotel, we do our best to accommodate our guest and provide them with the best experience. We appreciate your reviews and recommendations. Hope to see you in future and make it another pleasant experience. Thank you

Management

Reviewed 12 November 2013

Red Lion is always reliable for a good comfortable stay. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, beds are comfortable. I recommend this hotel for any traveling to Tacoma. No matter the location, I have always been satisfied at Red Lion Hotels.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
1  Thank Lorraine W
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

Stayed in upgraded jaccuzi suite with my wife and room was nice and spacious, but view was lacking. I didn't really mind that the window faced an exterior wall, but the pigeon feces that was covering the wall wasn't what I was expecting in a view. Around 6pm about 100 pigeons roost on the ledge outside the window, so I don't recommend opening the windows.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. We are very displeased to see that there were some areas of concern regarding the view from your room. Please be assured that this will be addressed accordingly with our staff.
We do appreciate your feedback so that we are given the opportunity to address your concerns. We thank you very much and we hope to have the chance to serve you better in the near future.
Kind Regards

Reviewed 8 October 2013

I have stayed at many propertys in the area and have been looking for a handy regular hotel to stay at and have found it. The rooms are clean and the internet is suprisingly fast. Handy get to and a Subway and other food options accross the street. The resonable rate better then Hampton breakfast made it a Solid Stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Joe D

Management

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Beds are comfortable, location is horrible! Do not believe staff or management care about their guests. Not sure what to say about staff due to their policies (that I’m not privy to) I either got lied to twice or management lied to me!
The story: Stayed on a Sat. for the state fair. We got back to the hotel at 0130 as we pulled into the very full parking lot we were dodging not to hit people that were crossing the st to get to the parking lot! People were everywhere yelling and screaming and numerous fights around us. I and my husband were afraid to get out of vehicle! When I called the hotel, I was told you can cancel your reservations, and the bar would be closing @ 0200 and that the bar has their own security guard and will take care of the problem, as one security guard ran passed our vehicle trying to mass a drunk person. Two security guards trying to control over 60 drunken people, I told them they needed to get the real police there! My concern of being scared wasn’t taken serious by this front desk person!
Next morning when we checked out we were told by another desk person they contract to the bar for parking! I told her how scared we were and she too, acted like it was no big deal and advised this has been happening the last 2 weekends, and she advised the head housekeeping has been finding interesting stuff in the parking lot on Sun. mornings.
I contacted the motel management later to advise them of what was going on in there motel parking lot on the weekends! She down played it acted like it was no big deal and she told me, “I’m sorry you got some miss leading info, we don't contract to the bar for parking"!!? She neither took this complaint serious.

Room Tip: The Ac/heater made a bad noise all night
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this reviewResponded 3 October 2013

We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing excellent service to our guests. I apologize greatly for the experience that you encountered with other guests during your stay. We make every effort to ensure our guests are safe and comfortable and address situations that arise when other guests infringe upon that. I do want to apologize for our staff not being more accommodating regarding this situation and I assure you this will be addressed accordingly with our front desk.
We do value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better on your next visit.