“Cheap.”

Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
Ranked #15 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
“Cheap.”
Reviewed 26 August 2014

I was really disappointed. Paid the same price as we did for the Hampton but that hotel was a million times better in comparison..... The carpet was stained, the shower door was broken when we got there and fell out in the middle of each shower nearly falling on TOP of us. The layout offered no privacy, whatsoever. And everything looked worn and not kept up. I expected a lot more attention to detail. They couldn't even take the time to put the toilet paper on the roll haha. The staff was great. The hotel...not so much. Looked like it needed new carpeting, new vinyl, a new shower and the drain even looked disgusting. The jetted tubs jets looked dirty and there was no way I was getting in that. I wanted to try here to see how it was...never again!!! Should've stuck with the Hampton it was very clean, kept up and no complaints for the same price. Also the beds there are MUCH more comfortable. Just overall...will not be staying there. Ever. Spend your money elsewhere.

• Stayed August 2014
REDLIONHOTELTACOMA, Manager at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
At the Red Lion Hotel Tacoma we strive to provide the best service and accommodations. We are working to improve the hotel daily and we are sure to meet your expectations in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Tacoma
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I read some not so positive reviews , but I had to book this hotel because my first 2 choices were not available. I was very pleased overall with my stay. Sometimes it is worth taking a chance and this one worked out well. Some suggestions. The sofa should be a pull out in the suites, or have 2 doubles or queens available in the suite,I booked the suite because it was myself and my 11 year old grandson. I wanted the extra space but the room did not accommodate us very well for sleeping. He obviously could not sleep in the king bed with me and he had to sleep on the sofa .It worked but not very comfortable for him.. The only other issues is they could not keep up with the breakfast, something was always empty, and took a long while to get it replaced. ex. forks, bread ,eggs ,OJ. Other than those very small issues all was very good .

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The room carpet disgusting with stains the TV volume and station not tuned plus the TV was old the fitness restroom was disgusting the back room didn't work properly security guard was no help for the money paid I was very disappointed the red lion corporation should be ashamed for having it's name on the hotel horrible horrible hotel.The only positive things where the pool and the location and breakfast and one staff member at the desk..The rest very very poor

• Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Teroy1
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, 25 August 2014
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. There is no reason, nor is it acceptable, to be checked into a room that was not properly cleaned. I would like to apologize for the condition of the rest of the hotel as well. I would like to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly with our housekeeping staff to prevent this from happening in the future.
Thank you for your feedback you are a valued guest and we hope to have the opportunity to provide you better service in the near future!

Travellers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Reviewed 22 August 2014

The front desk staff at check in was not friendly nor helpful. I did not feel welcome nor appreciated. I had less than clean and quiet room. The room A/C unit did not work properly. My real complaint really is the unfriendly front desk. Check out was better but not by much. Not my favorite place to stay.

Room Tip: well lit parking clean entry ways
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
The experience you had with our team is extremely disappointing. On behalf of our entire team please accept my sincerest apologies. We review every guest comment and address each of them with our staff and team leads. Our goal is to provide a comfortable stay to every guest and clearly we failed to do that during your stay. Please be assured that the issues you experienced with both our front desk and the lack of cleanliness in your room, will be looked into and addressed accordingly.
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 22 August 2014

not an overly friendly hotel in terms of hotel staff, unfortunately. Staff must be overworked or underpaid- nobody is smiling or happy to be there. it's an old hotel renovated somewhat with mediocre quality renos.

Review collected in partnership with Red Lion Hotels

California
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I had never been here before and I should have checked yelp for the rating but I was in a hurry. I had to meet someone in the area so I made a reservation here. The first thing I noticed was the smoke detector in my room had a plastic bag around it. It was like they painted around it and just left it there. Almost like they did a half way redecorating job too. The room looks nice but it's old and dark with a tube TV in the living room area. Aside from the smoke detector issue my big concern was the door frame is missing on the door to my room. I put a coffee table in front of the door so if anyone broke in ( which would be easy) hopefully they would trip over the table and I would hear it. I also took the bag off the smoke detector so I wouldn't burn up in case of fire. By the way I bashed my leg on the table and it's a noisy hotel and if anyone has sex anywhere on this floor I will hear them. I love the kids running up and down the halls too. They might as well come in my room. I took photos so I could show my wife and give her a laugh. I shall not return.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, 22 August 2014
We appreciate you taking the time to comment about your stay with us as your feedback is important when providing excellent service to our guests. I apologize greatly for the experience that you encountered with the conditio0n of your room and that you did not feel safe in your room. I would like to apologize for the all of the outside noise you were able to hear in your room. We make every effort to ensure our guests are safe and comfortable and address situations that arise when other guests infringe upon that. I would like to assure you that our engineering department will be looking into the lack of a door frame to your room as well.
We do value you as a guest and we are always looking for ways to enhance our guest experience and do hope that we will have the opportunity to serve you better on your next visit
Bend, Oregon
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel was nasty! I wrote a long review on the hotel website and it said there was inappropriate language and would not post. The words I used were disgusting, nasty, scummy pool, filthy! Do not stay here. We stayed one of our two nights. We ended up cutting our trip short. Bummer! We were very disappointed. The girl at the front desk was very nice though and I wasn't rude just honest.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!
1 Thank B G
RL_Customer_Care, Corporate Customer Care Department at Red Lion Hotel Tacoma, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
We value each and every one of our guests and I truly apologize that we failed to provide you the best possible service. I would like to apologize for the condition of the pool and that this caused you to check out early. I do want to assure you that this will be addressed accordingly with our staff to prevent this from happening in the future.