“A good spot in a better part of town.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma

Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma
Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Hayden id.
“A good spot in a better part of town.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was our first stay in Tacoma, and we wanted to stay in a good part of town. This was a nice spot that had most of the needs covered. There is some areas in town that I would not want to leave my car in the parking lot over night, and this was a very open and well lighted parking area. The morning staff was just great. We were greeted in the breakfast area by a very energetic worker that was very helpfull in getting anything that we needed. The pool area was very clean and the room was clean and neat. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear RJBHANEDID~

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma.
I’ve posted them for all the staff to see and enjoy, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay will us the next time you are in the Tacoma. We look forward to your return.

Jo Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Elkhart, Indiana
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Shilo Inn Tacoma on the way to Olympic National Park coming from Seattle, WA. The hotel was easy to find, right off the interstate. They offered free breakfast, free wifi in the rooms, and free parking.

We pulled in to a non-crowded lot and checked in. The woman at the front desk was a bit rude. I asked a couple of questions and got some snippy answered. Another annoying thing was having to go back to our car and place a parking pass on our dashboard. We have never needed to do that before.

The rooms were nice and clean, a little outdated but the furniture matched and the beds were soft and comfortable. The bathroom was large with the sink being outside in the main room.

The pool was nice and big and the hot tub as well. It also seemed to be open 24 hours which was great as we arrived late.

Breakfast consisted of waffles, yogurt, pastries, fruit (that wasn't ripe and was very green), cereal, juice, coffee, bread and bagels, and microwaveable breakfast burritos. It was a good spread but was manned by a very grumpy looking woman.

Overall, the experience was a positive one. I think, though, if I were in Tacoma again, I would see what else the city has to offer in terms if hotels.

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank sarahwebbes
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Sarah,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am disappointed that we failed to give you the fine service and consideration we strive for with all our guests. My staff has also been made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate correction action.

I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to illustrate that what happened was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.

Vancouver
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2013

Booked through a secret hotel site, was treated really well. The pool was great, the beds were OK, but the staff were wonderful. They were working hard to keep the breakfast stocked, housekeeping was prompt and professional, front desk staff were helpful and fast. Someone is doing something right at this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 13 August 2013
Dear lexlimo,

Your comments were most generous and shall be passed on to our staff members. It is always gratifying to know that our efforts were effective and appreciated. We appreciate your patronage and we look forward to your return.

Pleasanton, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

We stayed at this hotel for one night only. Our room was across from the ice machine, and the window opened up to the freeway. There were 4 of us. You could hardly turn around in the bathroom it was so small and we only received 2 towels. The morning continental breakfast was marginal. No eggs, and the pancakes tasted like they were plastic. Needless to say I will not be staying there again. I even asked for another room and was told there were not any available. Surprisingly the parking lot was not full, nor were there many people in the hotel itself. Besides this, the staff was somewhat friendly, some were however a little standoffish. I was surprised at this from the Shilo Inn chain, as other places we've stayed were much nicer and friendlier.

Room Tip: stay away from the freeway side and vending machines!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia J
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Dear Patricia J,

I’m sorry that you were disappointed with your room and our services. We work hard to accommodate everyone’s needs.

Our continental breakfast offers a variety of items – Belgium waffles, assortment of muffins, bagels and pasties, hot and cold cereals, variety of yogurts, hard boiled eggs, breakfast burritos, orange and apple juice and fresh fruit, milk, coffee and teas. You’re right, we did not illustrate the Shilo motto’s of affordable excellence in providing the best service possible. If our staff came across as impolite or standoffish in any way, I want to apologize. I do hope that you will give us another opportunity the next time you’re in Tacoma.

Waterloo, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

We stopped at this Shilo for just one night on our way to Seattle. The front desk agent was incredibly friendly, she went out of her way to ensure we felt welcome and had everything we needed.

We ate dinner just down the street and found a lot of other nice dining options within walking distance.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear JosephChene,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of your recent stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. I appreciate your comments greatly. My staff is wonderful and is our greatest asset. I hope if you find yourself in the Tacoma area again that you’ll stop in for a visit.

Conroe, Texas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

The room was clean enough, but the hotel was old. The elevator made me a little nervous. It clicked and popped and shimmied when it went up. We stayed on the 3rd or 4th floor which when anyone walked on the floor it felt like floor was giving in some it was a little unnerving to be honest. We stayed there while visiting friends in the for 3 nights and it was booked it by a 3rd party website otherwise it is not one I would have chosen. The staff was nice, the security guard that walked around checking parking lot all night I think liked talking to the women at the front desk more than walking around because I saw him there a lot. He is young so I guess its to be expected. I didn't dislike the hotel but I cant say I would stay again. This was the only time my husband and I got time alone on the two week trip we took so if I had it to do all over again I wouldn't chose this hotel. The breakfast was typical free breakfast.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Itzme01,

Thank you for your comments. I appreciate your constructive critique of our performance. Your observations have aided us in locating areas of our service needing improvement. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future. I can assure you we will do everything we can to make your stay a comfortable and happy one.

Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

We stayed at this hotel with my sons baseball team. The pool was great for the kids and the rooms were clean but the beds were so hard. No matter how many people were in your room they only gave two towels a day. But worst of all was the breakfast. If you are staying there to have a free breakfast don't. Our first morning breakfast was frozen bagels that we had to thaw then toast tiny muffins and tiny pastries. I am a carb lover but I would like some protein other that a boiled egg. Overall it was a good location but that's about it. Oh and all the restaurants nearby have signs saying watch out for "smash and grab" take all your valuables in with you.

Room Tip: Bring your own pillow. We went to Costco and bought a few.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Dear heather122,

We thoroughly enjoyed having the team and families stay with the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma during the tournament. We’ve recently upgraded our beds; they’re brand new along with the bedding, armoires and the flat screen TVs. You made some excellent suggestions and we’ll be looking into making some of your changes. I appreciate you taking the time to comment on your experience. I look you will give us another opportunity if you find yourself in the Tacoma in the future.