“Excellent”

Ranked #7 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Fayetteville, North Carolina
“Excellent”
Reviewed 10 December 2013

I have been staying in this hotel for 6 days and I have 5 more to go. Room is very clean. The cleaning crew is very nice and well trained. When I go to the front desk they call me by name very polite and respectful. I am due back in tacoma in 4 months and I would not think twice on staying here. The swimming area is well maintained. Overall a very excellent experience. If i know anybody that is staying in a hotel in tacoma I would recommend the Shilo in and Suites. Thank you to management and workers for all there hard work.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Angela F
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Hi Angela ~

We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us while you visited your son at Joint Base Lewis McChord. I’ve shared your comments with the staff, knowing that it will inspire them to continue their outstanding service to our guests. I would like to thank you and your son for your service. We look forward to your return to the Tacoma area. Best Wishes for the holiday season and New Year.

Jo Thompson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

I had a great stay during my 8 nights. Staff we're very friendly and helpful. I loved talking to them especially J.J showing me her pavlova pictures. They always said hi and smiled when I walked passed. Manager was helpful throughout the stay, saw her a lot which was good. I had valuables which were too big for the safe/deposit box but it was kept in the office. Breakfast was nice, a lot of variety and fruits were fresh. Water , tea and coffee always available. Great location, close to restaurants and shops. I travelled alone and felt safe around the area.I hired a car and felt safe to leave my car in the parking lot. Rooms were cleaned everyday and fresh new towels given. House keeping did their job well and were always lovely when I caught them halfway cleaning my room. I would stay here again when I come back, worth the money and really enjoyed my stay. I'm not sure if they had cable tv, if not it'd be a good improvement. I did not use the pool but it looked clean and well maintained.

Great job to the staff. You guys made my stay enjoyable.

Jubelyn

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jubelyn S
ShiloHotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Jubelyn,

Thank you for staying with the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma. Your comments were most kind. It is always a pleasure to hear that our efforts were appreciated and well received. The staff thoroughly enjoyed talking with you and hearing about Australia. I hope you’re able to return to the Pacific Northwest again.

Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I love the Shilo Inn hotel. I am an foreign exchange student from China who's going to a college in Orlando, FL and temporarily stayed in Shilo Inn for about a month. The room is nice, temperature is nice, they even have excellent TV channels. Every time I'm walking in or going out the hotel, the waitresses will always give me a smile and say hi to me. That is so nice! I want to first thank the manager of the hotel that she help me scan a lot of school transfering documents and send them to my email every time while I'm here. It is also so awesome that I could use the computer down at the main hall to print out documents. Secondly, I love the breakfast here, it's free every day. They provide waffles, muffins, sweet buns, yogurt, fruit, cereal, orange juice, etc. It is so abundance, I love it! I also would like to thank all the housekeepers that they made my room clean every time they ask me for services. Except the forcett has some problem going up or down. Lol. I also want to thank all the crew members and the front desk members that give me so much help when I ask them such as the price rate that I'm staying here. It's $89.00 plus tax, very cheap and convenient. The location is also very convenient for walking because when I walked out of the hotel, there are so many restaurants around me and the movie theatre is also very close to the hotel. I also want to thank one of the crew members that helped me with the Internet WIFI wire when sometimes it lost connection. Finally, I want to thank Ralf who is one of the crew members who helped me load my luggages and boxes to the truck and help me get to UPS and ship them. He also helped me weigh my luggage in order to check at the airport. That is so nice and great! I just want to thank all the people here who helped me and did great services for me. Thank you very much and I recommended everyone should come in Shilo Inn Tacoma to stay. It is so nice!

Steven Yang
11/29/13

P.S
Sonny is the best!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
Hi Steven,

We thoroughly enjoyed having you stay with us at the Shilo Inn Suites. All of your comments were very kind and I’ve shared them with the staff. They were most appreciated. We hope you didn’t encounter any travel inconveniences on your flight through Boston to Orlando during the holiday storm. We wish you all the best with your university studies and hope you will be able to visit us again in the future.

Minot, North Dakota
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for several days during August When I arrived, the staff was very friendly and happy to see me. My room was exactly as I prefer it-cool but not cold.
With all the new upgrades to the rooms, from new beds to new flat screen Tv's, new bedding and even new carpet, this inn is a comfortable home away from home.

The staff, from the manager on down, goes out of their way to make your stay comfortable and hassle free.

A big thank you to each of you for making my stay there a great experience. I'd give u more than 5 stars if it would let me.

• Stayed August 2013
Shilohotels, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 15 November 2013
Dear Ronnie,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us of your satisfaction with our accommodations and service during your recent visit to our Hotel. We certainly enjoy having you with us. We consider dedicated staff members our most valuable asset. I’ve shared your comments with them as I know it will serve as an inspiration to continue their efforts. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to your next visit to Tacoma.

Astoria oregon
Reviewed 4 September 2013 via mobile

All of the Shilos have gotten very old. This was a fine chain of hotels and restaurants back in the
1980's. todsy, however they are in dire need of make-overs and updating. Many guests have slept on these mattresses over the years. They all need to be replaced. Truthfully this area has a feeling of ghetto, but it is right off the interstate easy to get in and get out. Trusting you have all your wheels when it is time to leave.

• Stayed August 2013
Shilo I, Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 11 September 2013
Dear Journeyman644 ~

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I would like to talk with you personally, if you could please give me a call at your convenience, (253) 475-4020. I would like to obtain some additional information and insight from you, I would appreciate it greatly. We’ve recently completed a number of upgrades - new beds, linens, armoires and flat screen TV’s. I look forward to talking with you. I hope you will give us another opportunity in the future to see our continued ongoing improvements.

Hayden id.
Reviewed 18 August 2013

This was our first stay in Tacoma, and we wanted to stay in a good part of town. This was a nice spot that had most of the needs covered. There is some areas in town that I would not want to leave my car in the parking lot over night, and this was a very open and well lighted parking area. The morning staff was just great. We were greeted in the breakfast area by a very energetic worker that was very helpfull in getting anything that we needed. The pool area was very clean and the room was clean and neat. We would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Dear RJBHANEDID~

I appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma.
I’ve posted them for all the staff to see and enjoy, knowing that it will serve as an inspiration to our staff to continue their efforts.

We appreciate your patronage and hope you will stay will us the next time you are in the Tacoma. We look forward to your return.

Elkhart, Indiana
Reviewed 17 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed at Shilo Inn Tacoma on the way to Olympic National Park coming from Seattle, WA. The hotel was easy to find, right off the interstate. They offered free breakfast, free wifi in the rooms, and free parking.

We pulled in to a non-crowded lot and checked in. The woman at the front desk was a bit rude. I asked a couple of questions and got some snippy answered. Another annoying thing was having to go back to our car and place a parking pass on our dashboard. We have never needed to do that before.

The rooms were nice and clean, a little outdated but the furniture matched and the beds were soft and comfortable. The bathroom was large with the sink being outside in the main room.

The pool was nice and big and the hot tub as well. It also seemed to be open 24 hours which was great as we arrived late.

Breakfast consisted of waffles, yogurt, pastries, fruit (that wasn't ripe and was very green), cereal, juice, coffee, bread and bagels, and microwaveable breakfast burritos. It was a good spread but was manned by a very grumpy looking woman.

Overall, the experience was a positive one. I think, though, if I were in Tacoma again, I would see what else the city has to offer in terms if hotels.

1 Thank sarahwebbes
Shilo I, General Manager at Shilo Inn & Suites Tacoma, responded to this review, 19 August 2013
Dear Sarah,

I appreciate you taking the time to submit a review and hope you will accept my apologies for any inconvenience you experienced. I am disappointed that we failed to give you the fine service and consideration we strive for with all our guests. My staff has also been made aware of your comments and we will all take immediate correction action.

I hope you will give us an opportunity in the future to illustrate that what happened was an unfortunate exception to our normally high quality of service.