“Old School”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Harbor Lights

Harbor Lights
Ranked #17 of 748 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Groups, Romantic, View, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Drinks, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Tacoma
“Old School”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Harbor Lights is an old school seafood and steak place. It's one of the oldest restaurants on Ruston Way and they have remodeled it recently. The remodel kept much of the old configuration but expanded the bar. The salmon here is a great deal and most of the seafood is good portions for good price. Of course, they are famous for the "stiff" drinks in the bar and this has not changed. Good value, good views of the bay.

• Visited July 2014

• Polish first
Ajijic, Mexico
“Excellent old style restaurant with class”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

Friends brought me here for dinner. They said that they have been going here to eat for years. The Harbor Lights did not disappoint. We came early for the Early Bird Special - four courses for $21.95. Also, drinks at half price for Happy Hour. I thought the portions were large. We all had appetizers of shrimp cocktail, clam chowder or salads. My Seafood Mac'n Cheese was wonderful as was the Creme Brûlée. My friends had the calamari steaks and the salmon. They said that it was all perfectly cooked. We had a table by the window with a wonderful view. I loved the old fashioned ambiance. The service was attentive, parking across the street and the prices were right. What is not to love? Apparently I am not the only one; the place was packed by six pm and we were glad we had made reservations.
If I lived in Tacoma, I would eat here every week.

Visited August 2014
Puyallup, Washington
“Excellent and then average”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2014

Did Dinner with my wife for her birthday and then took our two grand daughters for lunch. Both meals where very good but the service was excellent and then poor.
Craig, our server for the dinner, was excellent and did a good job explaining the specials and being available without being pushy. Both had the wedge salad that was excellent as a starter. Jan had the true cod and I had the dungeness crab linguine. Both were hot and flavorful. Linguine had a great deal of crab meat and also fresh vegetables. Excellent meal.

The lunch meals were also quite good with the crab on toast, fish and chips and crab salad all well presented and done. The service was not as good. Long time to get bread (finally asked for) Not as attentive and just not as strong a server.

Certainly a place to take family and friends too

• Visited August 2014
Florence, Oregon
“Consistently good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

We go there almost weekly for breakfast or lunch. This restaurant usually packed, testimony to their good food. One of us usually has marionbrrry a cakes...wonderful ! Another the turkey sandwich, another good dish is the chile re llano omelet . Never disappointed, but always too full,yo have one of their great looking deserts.

• Visited August 2014
Carl Junction, Missouri
“Great food, great view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

We walked to this restaurant from our hotel, and were seated promptly by the window with a great view of the bay. Our waitress was extremely friendly and attentive. Wish I could remember her name. I had the Seafood Mac & Cheese and it was delicious! They also bring out complimentary bread & butter which was very good. Highly recommend!

Visited July 2014
1 Thank SGNeal

Been to Harbor Lights? Share your experiences!