“Unbelievably expensive!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Unbelievably expensive!”
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

This is a cute little vegan hole in the wall with delicious food. Everything is fresh and made to order. It really is some of the best vegan food around. The decor is like a gas station with Bob Marley posters on the walls. You have to go outside and around the back to a restroom that is just like a gas station restroom, but very clean. The service is super slow, because it's made to order. A vegan milkshake costs eight dollars. I am not joking. Eight dollars for a shake. Fourteen dollars for a burger. The side of beans and rice I got was literally two tablespoons. It was tasty. The bill for five lunch entrees, three milkshakes and two cups of coffee was over a hundred dollars. So if you are a wealthy vegan who is not in any hurry to be served, you should definitely go there.

1 Thank LeonaHtheQueen

Castle Rock, Washington
“Humble setting, very good vegan food”
Reviewed 26 August 2013

It's always an adventure trying new vegan restaurants and this was no different. We were a little apprehensive when we approached/entered the restaurant. It was small and the walls were plastered with Bob Marley/Rastafari posters. The wait staff were polite and helpful. The Jamaican wrap was large and delicious, with just the right amount of spice. The BBQ burger was great (but messy) and the seasoned fries were wonderful. We got several cookies to go. They were tasty but not quite as exciting as the other food. It was a little expensive considering the ambiance but the food was worth it.

• Visited August 2013
washington
“vegan with flare”
Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

i am only sorry i have not come here before! excellent food service and atmosphere dont let the location scare you away! right down from st joe hospital safe feeling area.jamacian wrap huge! could only eat half' will return soon!

Visited April 2013
1 Thank sis0876
Hawaii
“This is why I'm not a "vegan"”
Reviewed 17 February 2013

My family has been plant-based for about 16 months. That is we eat a whole foods plant based no oil (except today!) diet that incidentally is a vegan diet. We are moving this summer so I wanted to finally try the only vegan restaurant in tacomabefore we moved. The location and building were okay. The cleanliness was a bit suspect. I'd read elsewhere that the service was hit or miss and found that it was mostly "miss.". For instance there were no napkins and we had to ask twice for utensils after the food arrived. We went for brunch on Sunday at abou 1:30pm. I ordered the signature plate thinking to sample a bit of everything but I was really put off by the smoked tempeh, sriram, tofu. I couldn't make myself eat more than one bite each. I was really looking forward to the blueberry muffin but it never came, nor did the biscuit. Instead a plate of sugary buttery toast without explanation. My husband was really it off by the device and felt like we were being ignored on purpose. I don't know if that's true but we won't be going back to test it out. There was a pool of oil on the plate, I couldn't tell what was supposed to be what on my plate and the baked goods I was looking forward to never made an appearance. That with the questionable cleanliness made for a pretty bad experience. Plus I real from the grease which has impregnated my clothes. I haven't smelled this bad since visiting the DFAC in iraq

“Always Amazing”
Reviewed 1 December 2012

We had the barbeque burger and the big New Yorker....a switch from our favorite mac & yease. So delicious we had to eat it all instead of bringing some home as planned. I can't believe this place is not packed all day every day!

• Visited November 2012