“Very Nice”

Price range: US$20 - US$25
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Matador Restaurants offer fresh Tex-Mex cuisine & premium tequilas in an inviting, social atmosphere — visit us in Seattle, Tacoma, Redmond, Portland, & Boise.
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very Nice”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Enjoyed dinner there for the first time. Recommend to us by friends from Kent, WA.
Will be returning.
Good service and the food was good. We had a Fajita dish. The onions could have
been grilled a bit longer but overall the dish was yummy. Nice presentation.
Will try something different next time.

The bar serves an excellent Sangria.

Chips and salsa lived up to their reputation.

• Visited September 2013

“Excellent happy hour”
Reviewed 17 August 2013

The early serving starts at four and you should get there... at four because it fills up. Two happy hour items (you really need to add the steak to the already excellent nachos) and two beers are quite filling for two and it won't break the bank at all for the start to a date night. The service has always been good, and sit indoors on bright sunny days unless you like the direct light sitting outside.

• Visited August 2013
“Awesome... But it is a bar...”
Reviewed 28 July 2013 via mobile

The Matador has some of my favorite food in town, at amazing prices. Most entrees are in the $10-15 range. The enchiladas with their spicy habanero sauce are amazing and the nachos are huge. I have never been even slightly disappointed by food I've ordered here.

The only caveat is that it is a bar, no minors allowed, and the service you would in a bar. It can get very crowded and loud on friday/saturday nights but that is part of the atmosphere. Tip: sit at the fireside seating.

• Visited October 2012
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 17 July 2013

During a work trip my group decided on trying the Matador. We were very disappointed with this restaurant. I found a top shelf margarita on the menu for $8.00 and asked for it to be with patron. After recieving the bill I was very concerned with the charge for my drink to be $13.00. Seems I was charged for a shot of patron and then up charged for the drink. I asked waitress as to why I would not have been charged the 8.00 and then upcharged to patron and not the other way around especially when you see a top shelf on the menu for 8.00. Food was very greasy and service not that great. Would not recommend this restaurant to anyone that is traveling in Tacoma area.

• Visited July 2013
“Rude help”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Went this week with a bunch of friends, the waitress was so rude and the place was so hot we left after a few minutes. We were a group of women celebrating an upcoming wedding and were ready to have some margaritas but we decided to spend our hard earned money elsewhere.

Visited July 2013