“Always a good experience”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
A TripAdvisor Member
“Always a good experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I stay here whenever I am in the area and have found the staff very friendly and accommodating. The restaurant and bar are pleasant and the food is excellent. Even room service is punctual and the selections varied. I highly recommend staying at this hotel. As it is situated near the I-5 freeway, I recommend requesting a room on the opposite of the building from the freeway so traffic noise doesn't keep you awake. It is located quite near the Tacoma Dome so if you are in town for an event, it is probably the most convenient.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Alta Loma, California
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2014

Great new remodel fair price good continental buffet breakfast....HORRIBLE SMOKE SMELL. The room smelled like cigarette smoke when we arrived then got alot worse when we were awakened at 5:10 AM by the choking aroma. The desk said they would compensate us and did by "comping" the room just charging us tax and giving us a big apology. Excellent staff attitude excellent shuttle drives (very kind and helpful). C&H

Room Tip: Go smell it first....
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ahdiii
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle, responded to this review, 20 February 2014
Thanks for taking a moment to review your stay at our La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma. We're happy to read your comments about our facelift, but concerned that your experience was so not positive due to the smoke smell. We'd like to chat with you a bit further about this experience. Would you mind reaching out to us at tripadvisor@laquinta.com? Thanks again for your comments! We hope to hear from you soon!

Travellers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Kershaw, South Carolina, USA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014

We only got to stay one night due to tight scheduling...but this is the most convenient suite I have ever had at a La Quinta!
We slept well and enjoyed the breakfast very much.
It was easy to locate this La Quinta, the staff was helpful and and informative! We would gladly stay here again!

Room Tip: We were put right at the entrance which I was leary of but it turned out very convenient as I am han...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Beaverton, Oregon
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Decent place, allowed our dog which was a real selling point. Lots of road noise from nearby freeway and room doors slammed loudly at all times of day. Free continental breakfast closes at 10:00 but they were nice to keep it open a bit longer for our sleepy fellow travelers. Front desk staff were great and very helpful, we would stay here again for a quick nights rest, we're off to Seattle next morning and proximity was nice, 40 mins away

Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Seattle, Washington
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 January 2014

I stayed here several days for business. The staff here is extremely curious. When I first entered the room the front desk called to ask if everything was acceptable which surprised me for a la quinta. The rooms are spacious but do need updating. The hotel offers room service and a free breakfast. I enjoyed the restaurant layout for the breakfast. Lots of slamming of doors went on here at night, lots. I didn't find the mattress very comfortable and I probably will not stay at this hotel again because I had a room on the back side of the hotel and barely slept. There is a manufacturing company right next to the hotel and they begin banging very very early. Also, there was a large truck parked the entire night two nights of my stay directly on the street below my window (I believe it was delivering to the company next door). He played loud music and the idle of the engine was loud due to the size of his truck. He finally pulled out at 6 AM both mornings. I also had issues with the cleanliness of the bathroom and there was bathroom mold above the shower. I more than likely won't stay here again mainly because I left so sleep deprived.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
LQGS, Guest Relations Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma Seattle, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Thanks for sharing your comments abour your experiences at our La Quinta Inn & Suites Tacoma. We appreciate you taking the time to post your comments about your stay, and we're sorry you did not get a great night's sleep while with us. We'll definitely be working with our team to make sure they are more aware of the surroundings so they can help talk to guests and stop issues like the parking lot noise from happening again. We want all of our guests to have a great night's sleep when staying with us and we're hoping you'll come back and give us another try!