“bad attitude and bad bed”

Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed 6 July 2014

We have stayed at this company's hotel before multiple times just at the Puyallup location and had a great stay. It was the 4th of July so since that location was booked we decided to try the Hosmer-Tacoma location. We reserved online and that was a great process. When we got there the lady in front had a guest checking in, there was some sort of issue about a card. While trying to do this she received a personal phone call that we got to hear. We waited quite a while bc she was not a good multitasker. When we finally got to the room the bed was completely rock hard. We could not sleep well because of this. Also the other hotel always had cups, plates and silverware. This one only had cups which were in the bathroom but at least covered in plastic. We had to eat with our hands bc of the person in the lobbys attitude we were not comfortable calling. We were completely bummed by our stay here.

Room Tip: Go to the hotel in Puyallup same price a little more off the beaten path but way more comfortable!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so we are disappointed to hear that we did not inform you of our "customize your kitchen" options during check-in and that you were not provided with quality service. To ensure that a situation like yours doesn't happen again, we will be working with our front desk staff to make sure we are providing superior service and that we are fully explaining our amenities to our guests during check-in.

Thank you very much for providing us with your feedback. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to us at hos@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

My husband and I have used the Crosslands in a couple different cities going on about 4 months with a 6 night stay being the longest reservation. We started with Booking.Com which ran about a $5 discount per listed price. Then I got an email to sign up for extended stay suite rewards...... That is worth the 3min it took to submit my info!!!! With the discounts we've been able to apply a single night in a double room ends up right around $40 + tax, now when u take into count the amenities just in the room itself that is an awesome deal. The Tacoma location was clean, friendly and not much different than any other one. Check in was prompt, she checked out room to be sure it was clean and had a bath tub for me. But there wer no towels, no dish soap in room, no coffee/creamers. it was after 3pm and the towels were still drying and it was ok just somewhat inconvenient. but the little supplies were easily asked for. The only other downer was the front is on a busy "main/back" road so it was prettyr loud and the bathroom fan didnt turn on.

Room Tip: the back side
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Melissa C
Reviewed 17 May 2014

I just PCS'D here and was looking for a place to stay with my son for a few days until I got my house papers signed. Upon arrival it did not look too bad. However once we got in the room, there was a mildew odor. Upon inspection of the room we found dried blood on one of the bed comforters and window curtain. I called down to the front desk and they apologized and originally wanted to move me after I got all my stuff situated into the room. I had been driving 14 hours that day and really didn't want to move. They said they were not allowed to remove the bedding because it was a health hazard but assured me the bed comforter had been washed. Which led me to believe that house keeping knew about it but was too lazy to throw it away. Anyway they finally came up with gloves and changed the linen on the bed. The next morning my son and I were awoke to the sound of some ghetto trash people outside fighting yelling obscenities at each other. I complained about that to the front desk and they said sorry and that was it. Later that day the TV went out and they apologized. Then we went out to get groceries and coming back into the building we were hit with a foul odor, Upon going up the stairs there was a trash can with over flowing trash and diapers in it with fecal matter coming out of it. So needless to say, I got my stuff, went down to the front desk and checked out immediately. They did not offer me a refund or any type of compensation for the horrible experience over the 2 day stay there. I got a sorry for this and that but that was it. I moved my son and I to another area that is much cleaner, nicer, and safer for the both of us. Advice to anyone reading this, stay away from Hosmer street when looking for a hotel to stay. The area is rundown, a lot of gang bangers and looks like drug deals go on in this area. Wish I had researched earlier upon arrival.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank JAMF246
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your recent review of your stay. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise levels and the level of cleanliness in your room. In response to your feedback, I will meet with the staff to review our guest protocol and cleaning procedures to ensure your experience is not repeated. If you would like to provide any additional comments, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at, hos@extendedstay.com.

Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I got this hotel room for my dad when he was traveling from China to meet his granddaughter for the first time. I looked here, and other sites for reviews... but I must not have read the appropriate ones. The room was not the cleanest. The TV was seemingly on rabbit ears, because it didn't even have more than a handful of channels... or just wasn't working. The mattress wasn't the worst I've felt... but it was pretty cheap feeling and my dad complained about his back after a night there. And most importantly- the room is TINY. Not like any of the pictures online. I will say that it was nice that they had an elevator and good security doors. This wasn't the worst hotel, but I would probably never encourage a friend or family member to stay there again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank lost_southerners
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Thank you for providing us with details about your stay. Your comments in regards to the elevator and security are much appreciated. Still, I was disheartened to hear that you were not satisfied with our TV channel offering, your mattress and the cleanliness of your room. Your feedback is very important to us, so thank you for sharing. To discuss this further, please contact me, at hos@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you’re in town.

Reviewed 5 March 2014 via mobile

Room not vacuumed at check-in. Grubby areas on bathroom door and kitchenette cupboard doors. Notified front desk TV did not receive channels listed on channel guide. Was told maintenance would fix it but never showed. Called front desk two additional times about issue but no one ever showed.

• Stayed: March 2014
4  Thank Magnavo
Manager_11525, Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this reviewResponded 28 March 2014

Thank you for sharing your experience. I sincerely apologize for the maintenance issues and the level of cleanliness in your room. I will meet with our entire staff to review our maintenance policies and cleaning procedures to ensure that your experience is not repeated. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and it will help us in our efforts to continually improve our hotel. We hope that you will give us another chance to provide you with a better experience in the near future.

Reviewed 26 February 2014

Arrived for check in little before 3pm room wasn't ready
Got into room was missing some of the towels and the toilet kept running every 30 seconds called front desk was told someone would come and fix it never did. Also the tv only picked up 3 or 4 channels clearly and no local news channel.
All else was ok room was
clean.
I wasn't expecting a 5 star stay but the toilet and tv should work properly.

• Stayed: February 2014
2  Thank paul29031
Reviewed 30 January 2014

After working late into the night, circumstances changed and was in need of a hotel for the night. Desk closes at 11Pm after a call to the hotel directly I was told they would not help me. Having stayed at that location prior and 3 other hotels in the chain in the previous 3 weeks. I felt like they didn't care for my business and because of that will not stay again.

• Stayed: January 2014
3  Thank Seanhegar
Manager_11525, General Manager at Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2014

Sean - Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. It upsets me to hear that you were not able to check-in after 11pm. I am sorry for your experience. Please know, our staff is available throughout the evening hours to assist guests as needed. With that in mind, I have brought your comments to their attention and am reviewing our after hours check-in policy to ensure that this does not happen again. I can assure you, we care deeply about your business and are truly sorry that we did not accommodate your needs.

Thanks to your feedback, we can continue to work on providing an exceptional stay for all of our guests. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly, at dmartin@extendedstay.com, should you wish to discuss this further. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any of our other brand locations across the U.S. and Canada in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tacoma
Quality Inn & Suites
Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Puyallup
Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
Red Lion Hotel Tacoma
#17 of 28 in Tacoma

Been to Crossland Economy Studios - Tacoma - Hosmer? Share your experiences!