“Great Tacoma Restaurant”
Review of Bite

Bite
Reserve with OpenTable
Bite is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 758 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$8 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Contemporary, Bar
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Broadway between 13th & 15th
Description: In the Hotel Murano located on the 4th floor.
Seattle, Washington
“Great Tacoma Restaurant”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

We came down from Seattle to meet someone for dinner here, and were very surprised at the great quality and value of the food. Had we had the same meal in Seattle, I'm sure it would have cost twice as much. Not only was the food absolutely delicious, but the hotel which houses it has a beautiful interior, liberally sprinkled with modern art. I would definitely return to this restaurant the next time I am in Tacoma. We really hope to catch their Thursday happy hour next time, which has a great looking menu & a fair price.

1 Thank mozambique1

Sacramento, California
“Restaurant inside Hotel Murano”
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Lots of varied items by amount of food (i.e., small plate and large plates). I had breakfast there twice and an evening "small bite". The service was attentive and the food was very good (except for the details below). The atmosphere of the restaurant is bland when compared to the rest of the hotel, but it is comfortable and relaxed. My criticism and the reason for one lower rating --- my fruit plate that was supposed to contain papaya and berries, came with cantaloupe and berries. My server seemed to believe the kitchen staff that it was papaya because that is what he was told – i.e., that it was a different variety of papaya. The waiter seemed to doubt the kitchen staff when he looked at a seed. I expected more from the restaurant because it was definitely cantaloupe – I didn’t mind the change of fruit, but be honest about it. Don't shape an cantaloupe and pass it off as papaya! There was never an apology for the change up and I found it all very odd.

Another breakfast the minted crème fraîche was left off of the French toast – it was the only reason why I ordered it. I think the morning staff maybe understaffed.

The evening meal was flawless. All in all, it is a good place to dine when staying at the hotel. That being said, there are many dining spots to chose from that are in walking distance.

• Visited November 2013
Covington, Washington
“Nice restaurant”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We were staying at the hotel and decided to eat at the BITE. Had an evening dessert - caramel bread pudding which was absolutely delicious. I was with my sister who often gets bread pudding and she said this was the best! We also had lunch the next day. I had the warm BITE salad. Different salad but very yummy! Somewhat limited menu though.

Portland, Oregon
“Good food, okay value”
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I had a very good bowl of cream of broccoli soup and fresh made flatbread to start my dinner. The entree of risotto with butternut squash & chanterelles had a good toothy texture, but was bland and due to the presentation seemed rather small. They had a decent selection of wines by the glass and I enjoyed my red blend, but it was $10. The service was prompt and friendly and the atmosphere not unpleasant, though the art was only so-so compared to the great art in the hotel the restaurant resides in. Not a bad choice overall.

Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Ate their twice once for dinner omnce for breakfast”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We arrived late and ate dinner at the bar and the service was very good and the food was excellent, We also had drinks and they were served promptly .The food was well presented and very tasty

• Visited July 2013