“Decompressed :D”

Ranked #10 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Graham, Washington, United States
“Decompressed :D”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel 3-12. We stayed in one of the jetted tub rooms. the room was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was great. for a one stay just to get away it was absolutely perfect. Only complaint is the coffee that was in the room. The Jetted tub was an actual two person large jetted tub and very nice. We have and would recommend this hotel to an of our friends, family, and business associates.

Room Tip: They have a elevator so choosing a floor is not a major issue.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Dennis B
Sean M, Regional General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

I am glad to hear that you had a wonderful stay. I will share your comments with the entire staff to encourage them to continue to provide outstanding customer service. We here at the Comfort Inn Tacoma appreciate your patronage and look forward to providing another great experience for you during your next stay.

Warm Regards,

Sean Miller
Regional General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reviewed 14 March 2012

As a military family moving is hard this hotel and the staff made the experience great and less of a hassle.

• Stayed March 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Warm Regards,

Sean Miller
Regional General Manager
Reviewed 2 March 2012

My sister and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel due to the fact that my husband came back early from his deployment in Afghanistan because of serious injuries. We stayed here until we got housing. My sisters card was falsely charged $250.00 for smoking in the room, and a $90 charge for a cigarette burn in the comforter. My sister does not smoke, I do, however we were in room 101 which is located right in front of the lobby to which I would walk out the front to smoke. My sister then called the hotel to dispute the charges and was told that the manager would return her call, and never did. A couple days later I went to the hotel and expressed my concern, I spoke to the manager, regional manager and HR rep. They pulled out a garbage bag that contained a damaged comforter that they claimed to be ours. I then asked for them to look into the security cameras to see me walking out to smoke, or speak to the employees working those days. They made no effort to look into any of these things. The only response I got when I expressed that the comforter may be old, was one of, our housekeeping is excellent here and when I tried to plead my case about the charges he exclaimed that everyone lies and ways what I say. So, if you want to get falsely charged $371.62 and have no-one willing to look into it, I highly suggest you stay at this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
5 Thank lara090908
Paul W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
A hotel is defined by the quality of service that it provides to its guests. We pride ourselves on being a 100% smoke free lodging facility that caters to those who have an elevated standard regarding a healthy life style choice or wish to minimize exposure to smoke. We accommodate many guests with the principle goal of providing dependable service at a reasonable price. I take serious the concerns of every guest. It tells us what’s right, what we're doing wrong and how to improve ourselves. As Manager I firmly believe every one of my guests are entitled to express freely an opinion of the hotel experience even when I do not personally agree with the review. I would like to thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am sorry that you had a less than excellent stay at our hotel. All common areas and hotel rooms are clearly marked with non-smoking signs and at check in your registration clearly define this. In all common areas of the hotel we do have over 20 security cameras and on site security staff. However Federal, State and Local law prohibit security cameras in guest rooms. We would like the reader to know that after careful investigation, a review of the damages with the guest, evidence and verification of the events; in order to protect all our hotel guests and our property I exercised our right to charge the smoking penalty fee during their stay, in fact the hotel had every legal right to do so. I truly regret that this action and reply was necessary regarding this issue. Management hopes the reader will weigh carefully all that is claimed in the review and be open minded regarding a choice to stay with us in the future.

Travellers are raving about these Tacoma hotels

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 12 February 2012

2nd stay. Very friendly staff and clean. However this stay has made me want to rip my hair out. The Internet has been the worst I've ever experienced... I've had to start my work over 3 times. Also in the last 3 hrs children have run up and down the corridors loudly. Perhaps just this weekend.

• Stayed February 2012
1 Thank Sunshinemtns
Paul W, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this review, 20 February 2012
Dear Sunshinemtns Lumberton New Jersey:

First let me thank you for your second visit with us. Undoubtedly we had earned your trust to stay with us in the past and you choose to repeat your stay with us recently.

Consequently I'm concerned about the noise problem from the guest children and internet conductivity issues you experienced at our hotel during your recent visit.
I'm writing to thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices and strive to make your stay a satisfying one. Consequently, it's disappointing to learn that you're unhappy.

Please accept my sincere apology.

Our internet service durning that time was reduced due to work being performed by the T1 phone provider in our area.
I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can prevent future areas of dissatisfaction.

Again, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your concerns with us.
Please feel free to contact me by phone, email or in person to discuss the matter in detail.

We look forward to serving your future lodging needs.
Surrey BC
Reviewed 12 December 2011

Very nice hotel, Staff is very friendly. Clean rooms, and a very comfortable bed. Breakfast was good with some hot dishes to choose from as well. Would stay here again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Hooverpuck of Surry BC:

to receive your kind words of praise for my hotel and our staff.

Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding.
Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

We accommodate many guests each evening, and we strive to make their night's stay a satisfying one. The principal goal of our hotel is to provide dependable service to all of our guests at reasonable prices. But, it's only through their eyes that we can accurately assess the quality of the accommodations and services we provide.

Philippines
Reviewed 14 November 2011

We reserved a suite and were surprised to find actual separate room for the sleeping quarters. I almost always get up an hour or more before my wife. And usually I have to keep extra quiet. But with the separate room and a door I could close, we both were more at ease. It was spacious to say the least. The doors were wide enough for handicap accessibility. Although the hotel is located very close to the interstate, we did not notice any distracting noise from the highway. In the morning we enjoyed a good breakfast before leaving--without a complaint.

Room Tip: Ask for a suite. It is worth a few dollars more.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
Glen H, Regional General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this review, 16 November 2011
We want to thank you for taking the time to review us here on Tripadvisor. As hoteliers we are always trying our best to meet the needs of our guest and were pleased to learn that your room was more then what you expected. We take great pride in our facility and staff and were glad that you were able to experience them first hand and we look forward to your next visit.
Bothell, Washington
Reviewed 24 October 2011

Overall a great hotel. Staff is friendly, rooms are clean, No problems with vehicle being in Tacoma and so close to I-5. Breakfast is fair my only complaint about it is that it suppose to start at 6 am and everything is not ready by that time about 2 days a week. The only other thing is the wireless is slow especially from about 6 PM to 9:30 PM and is my number one complaint with most hotels. They haven't keep up with the bandwidth for the Internet and which has evolve from just using you email to other uses.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
JoyC222, Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this review, 1 December 2011
We appreciate your review of our hotel. We are happy to announce that we have updated our entire wireless system and everything is much faster now. I have addressed your concerns over the breafast time with our breakfast attentend, as the breakfast should be starting at 6:am Monday through Saturday. And on Sunday it starts at 7:00am. We hope that you will check us out again the next time you are in our area. Thank you again for taking the time to write the review.