“Lots to like here......”

Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle
Ranked #12 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Grant, Michigan
“Lots to like here......”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay. We were in town to see the LeMay Car Museum. Nice room, nice people and a good location. We slept well. Breakfast was great and had the usual fare and a nice sized room. Well done. They are working hard to make it a nice experience for guests. I would go back without hesitation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Impala guy
GeneralManagerWA, General Manager at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this review, 3 September 2014
Dear Mr. Impala Guy,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your review about your recent stay with us. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly with inquiries or concerns so that we can ensure that we provide you with superior stay experience. We hope that you will consider us again for your next visit to Tacoma so that we can provide you with improved services and amenities.

Thank you very much for your time, we hope to see you again soon!

Alexandra

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Tacoma
Reviewed 25 July 2014

We arrived earlier than check in time after a late night/early morning flight. The hotel was fully booked & check in Time was hours away. Ebony at the front desk to the rescue! She professionally & courteously allowed us to stow our luggage. After a leisurely meal & sightseeing we returned to find a clean, well appointed room. Thank you Ebony!

• Stayed July 2014
1 Thank BBBPB
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback on your recent stay with us. Our staff was thrilled to hear that we could assist you at the time of your Check-In. We hope that you will consider us for your next visit to Tacoma so that we could meet your 100% satisfaction for your stay.

Again, thank you very much for your time. We hope to see you again soon!

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 13 July 2014

As the director of a sporting event that would have some teams traveling to the area, I needed to block off 100 rooms at local hotels. I worked with the Tacoma Sports Commission and ended up choosing Comfort Inn as one of three hotels we had blocks at. I had zero issues with the other two hotels, but the staff at this hotel is simply not qualified to handle group reservations.

Once I made arrangements with the hotel to block off 30 rooms for our group, I stopped by in-person to drop off the contract and give them my credit card to hold the rooms. I told Marcia that I would likely be booking our officials at this hotel, so I was giving my card info to hold the block of rooms, and then would eventually be paying for the officials' rooms only, the other guests would be paying for their own rooms. She indicated this was a complicated situation and that it would be best if I dealt with her directly on it.

Throughout the process, she struggled to give me a total of what I would be paying for the officials. Some were staying three nights and some were staying one night. What I really wanted was just one email and one total for everything, but instead I would sometimes get one email confirmation for each of the 12 or so rooms, and them sometimes get one email for all of the one-night rooms and one email for all of the 3-night rooms.

Whenever I would call to ask a question about my reservation, the staff was unable to pull up my officials' rooms as one group. I had go down the list and name each person.

Less than a week before the event, I got a panicked phone call from the coach of our largest team. About a month prior she had 15 rooms booked at the hotel with Ebony, had given her credit card, and they agreed that she didn't have to submit the names until a certain date. They had several email exchanges in the following weeks, and when the coach submitted the names on the agreed on date, she was told their rooms had been released and they could not stay there.

When I followed up on this with Alex, the general manager, Ebony told her that the coach wanted her own block of rooms and not to be part of our room block so they sent her a new contract that was never signed. All I can say is that is not what the coach told me, and this coach books rooms several times a year for MANY years and have never had a problem like this before.

So while that coach scrambled to find a hotel, she searched several websites to try and book rooms. After striking out with several other hotels over several days, Hotels.com told her that Comfort Inn DID have 15 rooms. After calling Hotels.com and calling Comfort Inn again they all told her she was fine to book those rooms, so she booked with this hotel a second time, only to get a phone call a few hours later that the 15 rooms were not actually available for all three nights. So she got screwed by this hotel TWICE. Fortunately she was able to book her athletes elsewhere, and fortunately we switched from a traditional shuttle bus to Uber, so her athletes didn't lose their transportation to the event.

Now we go back to me. On the final day of our event, I get a phone call from Ebony saying my card has been declined. This was surprising, I knew I had plenty of money available to pay for the reservation. But being in the middle of the event, and not having time to deal with my credit card company until later, I switched it to a different card and that worked.

Once I was able to sit down and figure out what happened it was pretty obvious. Remember when I mentioned before that they were unable to ever give me one total for everything? Over the previous 3 days, I have 14 different authorization requests... one for each room, plus one authorization and one reversal for a room I cancelled several days prior. Instead of charging those payments, she submitted a new request for $1036 for my one-night rooms.

So while I had plenty of money to cover the $1600+ I owed them, I didn't have enough to cover $1600x2. I was certainly not warned that being charged twice was a possibility, or that I needed to have enough money on the card to cover double the cost.

At some point in the middle of this process, I received a confirmation for a random athlete who should be paying for their own event. At this point I lost all faith that I would even be paying for the right rooms.

This whole experience has been a nightmare. While the staff at this hotel is nice, they are simply unable to handle group reservations properly. I don't know if they are undertrained, or if their computer system has flaws that make it impossible to handle things correctly, but either way, DO NOT BOOK GROUPS HERE.

I will be calling Comfort Inn's corporate office first thing Monday to file a complaint with them as well.

Room Tip: Do not book groups here!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank polevaultpower
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us your feedback on your recent stay with us.

I sincerely apologize that we failed to exceed your expectations during the reservation and billing process. I have shared your feedback with the team to ensure that we can handle these types of situations differently in the future.

Again, thank you for your time. We hope that you had a wonderful time here in Tacoma, and we hope you will consider us again for your next visit to the area so that we could have another chance at providing you superior and improved experience.

Chicago
Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Stay far away from this hotel and any others in South Tacoma. Our U Haul was stolen with everything in it. Police said this is a terrible part of town and part of the problem is that managers cannot access the surveillance cameras. People at desk very nice and helpful as they can.

Stayed June 2014
4 Thank Mqberry
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

I sincerely apologize on behalf of my staff that we failed to exceed your expectations during your stay with us. We would like to express our sincere regrets that you had to experience the inconvenience.

We hope that you were able to recover the loss, and hope you were still able to have an enjoyable time in Tacoma.

San Jose, California
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Easy access to freeways. Marcia is the ULTIMATE in cust. srv. satifaction! Our dog was even treated like a valued guest:) Continental brkfst-Yummy. Clean room and comfortable beds/pillows.GO Back? YES

Room Tip: we stayed on the animal friendly first floor as we had our dog with us. This is a very animal frien...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cindy P
Dear Ms. Cindy P.,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback.

Our team was thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful stay with us! Please let us know when you are planning your next trip to the area so that we can provide another superior and improved experience for you.

Thank you very much for your time, we hope to see you soon!

Lower Nicola, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The trip was so rushed and Marcia was so helpful in getting us to our concert. Will definitely stay here again! Location could be better, but the room was surely worth it. Even in heavy traffic for concerts, motocross, etc. we were at the Tacoma Dome in 15-20 minutes.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jana H
Comfort I, Front Desk Staff at Comfort Inn Tacoma - Seattle, responded to this review, 25 November 2016
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay.

We have recently renovated the hotel and would love for you to come see it. If you are ever in the Tacoma-Seattle area, we would love to have you as our guest's again.
Jackson, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 April 2014

The surrounding area isn't the nicest, but the hotel is clean and the staff was very nice and helpful. The bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows. Good internet speed and connection. No complaints.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Brook B
Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay.