Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Adriatic Grill - Italian Cuisine & Wine Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #40 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 38th St.
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

We had the bruschetta appetizer and it was very good. I had the Chicken Alfredo and it was amazing. One of the best tasting sauces. The rest of the family had margarita pizza and it was also good. Dinners are $18 and up but portions are so big you have lunch for tomorrow.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

We went here with our daughter and her family. We were a large party of 8 but that wasn't a problem for the hostess and server. There were the usual mishaps with the children- spilled drinks, but the server was very helpful in our attempts to clean them up. The food was delish! I had the Linguini& clams, succulent large clams, with fresh chopped tomatoes and garlic- the sauce was savory and just right with the garlic bread to sop up the juice, My daughter had the french fried artichoke hearts and calamari with a garlic aioli dip, crispy and crunchy, the calamari was not rubbery and had that sweet taste of FRESH! My husband had the peperdelle with sausage chunks in a tomato marinara sauce. He said it was very good. My granddaughter had a small pizza that was the envy of the older brothers! Big brother had spaghetti with meatballs- little brother had the chicken Alfredo which was chock full of parmesan and cream. We all ate and ate. The place is very clean, the servers efficient and knowledgeable about the menu. It was a memorable time!

Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was our first visit to the Adriatic Grill which I had booked after reading the reviews here. For the most part it lived up to the good ratings it had received. Their sauces are great and the food is served hot and in a timely manner. Our only compliant is the service could have been more polished and professional. We went on a Wed evening when wine by the bottle is half price. Our server was not forthcoming with this info when I inquired about it and even asked where I heard of it. When I stated on their website she said: "Oh yea, I guess we do!" So we ordered wine from a fairly decent and reasonable wine list. We had finished our salads when she arrives with our entrees and asks us to move the salad plates so she could put the entrees down. After serving the entrees she starts to walk away and I had to call her back to remove the salad plates, which were empty. Her comment was I didn't realize you were finished with your salads. There was nothing on them how could we not be finished. Also, she never told us about the discount for military veterans so we never received that. I would go back to give it another chance as the food more than made up for the service.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

Aside from the 15% discount to military veterans the restaurant has excellent wine and Italian food that will easily satisfy your taste buds.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

After reading some good reviews decided to give it a try. Ordered the Rigatoni in Bolongnese. Rigatoni was mostly al dente and tasty, some were over cooked. The sauce could have been divine, it they had not put so much cream in it. The Italian sausage was tasty but the cream was the dominate flavor. Not tasty but could have been. And Odd service. The wine pours ordered first, came after the salads. Took forever to get the food, about 50 minutes from the time it was ordered. Not fine dining food, but the $100 tab is priced so. I figure if they can not get a signature pasta dish right, then I am not going back to try the balsamic pork chop smothered in BBQ sauce some people rave about. Plenty of empty tables, but upon leaving a long line waiting to get in. Disorganized. Other fine dining options in Tacoma that do not disappoint.