“At last! Great seafood in Tacoma!”

Paya Thai Fish & Chips
Ranked #104 of 748 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Cheap Eats, Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Takeout
Texas Panhandle
“At last! Great seafood in Tacoma!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have been here in Tacoma on business for a few days...and wanted some really good fresh seafood, that didn't break the bank. We used to come to Tacoma (maybe 15-20 years ago) to do the antique show in the Dome. I remember that we had fabulous seafood here then, and I believe it was the same place we had it this time. There are two things we look for in any good restaurant: good soup and good salad. Paya thai had both, and so much more. I ordered the prawns and chips with a big salad. My husband had clam chowder and the Captain's plate. The salad was just wonderful - fresh romaine, three colors of bell pepper, fresh tomatoes, onions, carrots, and red cabbage, topped off with lovely fresh italian parsley, grated fresh parmesan and a really good sesame/soy vinaigrette. Everything crackling fresh - could not have been better. Now, the chowder: I do not care for New England style clam chowder, but I could have eaten a big ol' bowl of this. Thick, rich, full of bacon, fresh clams, and I am sure cream and butter.. perfectly seasoned and just delicious. My husband, the chowder fanatic, says one of the very best. I say the best. The fried fish, clams, shrimp, oysters were just right - a light panko breading instead of thick batter - and there was a LOT of food; we brought home a big box of fish for tomorrow. All in all, by far the best food we've had in Tacoma and we will be sure to return. The gentlemen who worked there were warm and friendly and anxious to please. A great experience. DO NOT miss this wonderful food.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Cobwebs11

Bakersfield, California
“Really a great fine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 September 2013

We just kind of stumbled onto this place after leaving the Glass Blowing Museum. The place is in a closed in mall with lots of other kinds of restaurants in it and little stores. We almost didn't stop but glad we did. I had the clam chowder, very very good, and I am picky about my chowder meaning it must have clams in it. My husband had there special which was 3 pieces off fish, 3 large fried shrimp and fries. It was so much food for the price. When they brought us our food they automatically brought 2 spoons and an xtra plate, must have known we were going to share things. The eateries are nothing fancy so don't let the looks fool you. Give it a try.

• Visited August 2013
Tacoma, Washington, United States
“Amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

We ended up eating here because the place we had come to eat had gone out of business. The service was amazing and the food not only delicious but artfully arranged. It looked like some of the dishes we have eaten on the cruise ships. I had the fish and salad with mango dressing. My husband ordered the fish, shrimp, and chips. We took enough home to have for dinner the next day. Everything was excellent.

• Visited August 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada
“great experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2013

we read the good reviews of this place on tripadvisor, and agree this is a great place.
It's just 2 blocks down from the best western tacoma dome, in a food court.
We have been twice. First we had the meal deal with fish and chips and the clam chowder.
all excellent , and enough for 2 of us to split 1 order.
Second time we had the ceasar chicken salad, which was also very large and tasty.
The service is better there than at most restaurants.
food is very reasonably priced.
Great place for a quick meal.
If you are staying at the best western, you should not miss this place.

• Visited June 2013
british columbia
“MMMMMMMM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2013

We happened to stumble into this eatery before heading over the Tacoma Dome.
The staff is absolutely amazing. So friendly and tends to your every need.
The fish and chips I had was probably one of the best. I would definitely recommend this place

• Visited March 2013