“I love history”

Washington State History Museum
Ranked #8 of 84 things to do in Tacoma
More attraction details
Owner description: History museum full of informative displays and artifacts on the history of Washington state.
Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would say go to this. I am a lover of history of anything. they have a lot of good history from the iceage and to the mordon time. To be able to see things that have shaped Washington in to the place it is today and how much the state and people of this state has played in the history of the rest of the USA. I would not take childen under 7 just because they will get tried of it fast. But My 5 year old granddaughter did have fun but was ready to go way before us adults were.

All reviews
"couple of hours"
"rainy day"
"few hours"

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our extended family often takes advantage of the free 3rd Thursday of the month evening entrance to this museum from 5-8 PM. If you have a Bank of America card, you may enter the museum for free on the first weekend of the month. We enjoy the featured museum exhibit that has a display for about 4-6 months. Lots of hands-on exhibits for kids.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I visited the Washington State Museum as we enjoy state museums. Nicely laid out with well done displays. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. The cost is reasonable and it is well worth spending several hours seeing this museum.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I visited the museum last Thursday which was the third Thursday of the month which meant that it was free admission for 2:00 pm on. I enjoyed the museum very much and especially liked the Civil Way Pathway which dealt with how the Civil War effected the Pacific Northwest. The other interesting exhibit concerned David Douglas and his adventures as a naturalist in the Northwest.
Both displays were very well done, easy to read and had many hands on features that would appeal to children of all ages.