“Lots of history”

Washington State History Museum
Ranked #9 of 81 things to do in Tacoma
More attraction details
Owner description: History museum full of informative displays and artifacts on the history of Washington state.
Reviewed 9 July 2014

This was on the Tacoma museum pass and was quite a well organized and vast collection of history of Washington state.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was my first time at the Washington State History Museum and I was impressed. It is nicely organized and had two full floors of displays. One floor is mostly geared toward children. There were several school field trips there when we were there. So if you want to avoid large groups of children, any time other than early June is better.

The other floor had a Civil War exhibit that was very good and surprised me by the level of involvement of people from Washington. The artifacts were interesting and in good condition.

The historical vignettes from Washington territory through statehood and to modern day were also very nicely presented. Overall this was an enjoyable experience and I'll go back regularly.

Reviewed 1 June 2014

I would say go to this. I am a lover of history of anything. they have a lot of good history from the iceage and to the mordon time. To be able to see things that have shaped Washington in to the place it is today and how much the state and people of this state has played in the history of the rest of the USA. I would not take childen under 7 just because they will get tried of it fast. But My 5 year old granddaughter did have fun but was ready to go way before us adults were.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Our extended family often takes advantage of the free 3rd Thursday of the month evening entrance to this museum from 5-8 PM. If you have a Bank of America card, you may enter the museum for free on the first weekend of the month. We enjoy the featured museum exhibit that has a display for about 4-6 months. Lots of hands-on exhibits for kids.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

My wife and I visited the Washington State Museum as we enjoy state museums. Nicely laid out with well done displays. The staff is helpful and knowledgeable. The cost is reasonable and it is well worth spending several hours seeing this museum.