“Great lunch gateway”

Ranked #148 of 774 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 28 September 2013 via mobile

When my coworker and I want a change from the ordinary we head to Nordstorms cafe for a healthy fresh salad, pasta or soup. It's a nice change of pace and scenery when work seems a little too much to bare. The cafe provides a nice break.

Reviewed 5 June 2013

If you're at the mall tired of Annie's pretzel dogs and microwaved fast food then you need to try the Nordstrom Cafe.
You place your order with the hostess at the front desk and pay for it there also. They then seat you and serve you your food and beverages. The menu is quite extensive for a mall restaurant and the food is very good. They have a wide variety of Sandwiches,Pasta, Pizzas, Salads and Desserts. They also serve beer and wine. I love their Blue Cheese Pear entree Salad- I often split it and order the Margarita Pizza and box up half to take home.
The wait can be long during the busy times at the mall.
Since it's not your typical service restaurant- tipping is a bit tricky. We usually leave a couple of bucks per guest depending on the service which is normally pretty good.

1  Thank HIIMCJ
Reviewed 22 September 2012

We've been to this cafe in the Tacoma Mall Nordstrom's store many times. I usually get a pepperoni pizza, which is quite good. This time I tried their pulled pork sandwich. Big mistake. The pork was flavorless and the sauce was nasty. And as much as I like cheese, cheese does not belong on a pulled pork sandwich. Nor does pulled pork belong on a cibatta roll. While that was dissappointing, service is always good, and the restaurant is a nice break from shopping.

Reviewed 10 December 2011

This cafe should get more credit on the local dining scene. I suppose it's considered a chain because Nordstrom has them in most if not all of their store, but that's where the "chain" stops. They have the best salads and we've tried most of them. They have a delicious dressing (for sale at the register) that they apply judiciously and the salads seem to be made to order because everything tastes so fresh - not a soggy leaf to be found. Their sandwiches are tasty and ample, the pasta sauces have a bit of zing and they work on their presentation as well. I understand they have a bread pudding to die for, but I've always been too full to try it. It's difficult to try new items because it's so easy to want to stick with favorites. For years I was stuck on the pear and gorgonzola salad and my daughter was stuck on the asian chicken. I since branched out to the apple chicken salad.

The food is delicious and the cafe has a nice ambience. The staff and environment are kid-friendly. We took a toddler who tried to dismantle the table and the staff was very gracious. It's easy to overlook this cafe because it's on the second floor in the mall, but every time I eat here I remember why I love it.

1  Thank patio53
Reviewed 9 April 2011

If you are looking for something outside the ordinary chain restaurants that offers casual dining at an affordable price, Nordstrom Cafe is perfect. Their shoestring fries are excellent. I love their crab bisque. They offer several tasty salads. And they even offer a steak dinner for around $18. The food comes pretty quickly as you order before you are seated and the service has always been good. Oh, and they are kid friendly and offer a kids menu.

4  Thank IWantDessert

Been to Cafe Bistro in Nordstrom? Share your experiences!