“Special place”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 10 June 2013

Very nice restaurant. This is my first time during the summer. I have to admit I love the lights and ambiance in the winter. With that said, it is very nice any time of the year. Nice to see the use of Tacoma beer and great cocktails. The food and service were excellent. Would recommend a visit in a neighborhood that is definitely getting more stylish. We will return.

Reviewed 2 June 2013

Where to start. Off the dinner menu, love the Filet Mignon. Seared half chicken is also very good. The Halibut Wrapped in Prosciutto was a favorite with my friends, did not try it. Lounge or happy hour menu favorites are the grilled chicken and grilled tenderloin skewers. Off the cocktail menu, love the pear ginger lemon drop. Parking can be a challenge in the neighborhood. Awesome decor.

Reviewed 24 March 2013

Party of 10, table ready when we arrived. Very nice atmosphere. My halibut wrapped in prosciutto was so good and the risotto was perfect creamy goodness. My husband's rib eye steak was perfect as well. Cousins duck dish was amazing too. I love how the side dishes here are given as much attention as the entree, the menu has been well thought out and everything flows. But what is up with the bread?I would have loved to have known bread comes with the meal...but you have to ask. Kinda weird. Our server was attentive, but not too friendly. My friend had a little black thing in his wine, we thought it wad a fruit fly...server picked up glass, examined it hard and declared it to be a bit of stem, so it was ok and gave it back. Server should have replaced, no question. I will be back.

1  Thank Jilltoons
Reviewed 5 February 2013

Just returned from a fantastic, romantic dinner at Maxwell's. This was our first time there and we took advantage of their dinner and a movie deal: $60 for two movie tickets to The Grand just up the block, two glasses of wine, two salads, two entrees, and two desserts. My wife had the calamari with quinoa and spinach, which was delicious. I "just" had a hamburger--the best hamburger I have ever had. For dessert we had toasted coconut ice-cream and Kahlua Mexican chocolate ice-cream--both great. Our server, Kent, was very knowledgeable about the foods and had some good recommendations. He also was not over-bearing--knowing when to give us some space. The dinner and a movie is a great deal, although the menu is much more limited. We plan to return to sample more of the dishes.

1  Thank ProfLonghair
Reviewed 18 January 2013

They modeled this restaurant/bar in a vintage, dimly lit environment. The lounge is large w/bar seating & dining table or sit in the formal restaurant. A relaxing environment with jazz on Saturdays. The food is hit & miss due to several changes in staff. There is usually something tasty though so never completely unsatisfied. Great place to meet friends for cocktails & bar bites.

1  Thank jarmitage