“Fresh”

Pho Dragon
Ranked #235 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 27 September 2013

Decided to visit after reading the reviews. I ordered the spicy pork bahn mi. Excelkent. Meat was just right and French bread was very nice. This place is NOT like the usual dingy greasy pho pkaces in Tacoma.

Reviewed 2 August 2013

New owner stared Aug 1st with the same restursnt name, best bun bo hue in town. I lived in lynnwood and
would go to tacoma to visit family once ever few weeks and always go to 38th st, I have tired other places on that st before and the food there is nothing like the new owner at pho dragon. Great service, friendly staff, amazing food, decent price, lots of parking in the back.
And if you like hue banh loc banh nam or banh beo you can order togo and take home for your family.I normally would have to find a good deli for some good banh loc abd now I can enjoy good food there and take home some banh loc for my family. I will
recommend my family and friends to go to this place. Yummy!!!!!!!!!!want a good place to eat,must try this place,you are missing out if you don't. :)

Reviewed 16 April 2013

I've been traveling to the Pacific Northwest for several years, and am a big fan of Pho and Vietnamese restaurants in general. I've eaten at a lot of them, but I've finally found my favorite- Pho Dragon on 38th in the Lincoln District of Tacoma. It was recently reviewed as part of a general article about restaurants in the area at http://blog.thenewstribune.com/tntdiner/2013/03/29/meals-by-the-mile-exploring-vietnamese-dining-in-tacomas-lincoln-neighborhood/

It's a family-run operation, but the wife (Vivian) is the hostess and waitress. The minute you walk in, Vivian will give you a warm smile and seat you at one of the cozy tables in this small but well-designed and very clean dining area. The pho dishes are fantastic, but the true gems of the menu should be explored by way of Vivian's suggestions. Many of the dishes are family recipes, handed down from Vivian's father who owned and managed a restaurant in Ho Chi Minh City. She's also adapted many of them to make what is already a healthy cuisine, to an even healthier version (she does not use MSG in any dish, for example).

I'm a difficult patron to impress enough to write a positive review, so when I tell you that this is a place you absolutely *have* to try, I really mean it. You won't be disappointed.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

huge portions and yummy! The restaurant is little but charming and the the employees are very attentive.

Reviewed 16 June 2012

A very friendly place with good service and reasonably priced wonderful food. The fresh spring rolls are a must and then just ask your server what' good. S/he will figure out how familiar you are with Vietnamese cuisine and suggest something appropriate. And delicious.

Been to Pho Dragon? Share your experiences!