“Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma, WA”

Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Annapolis, Maryland
“Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma, WA”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

The hotel was fine, location was terrible in my opinion. On the Tacoma industrial waterfront, most of which is gone, but still has an industrial feel to it. View over the water was of factories belching out smoke? mist? I don't know what but not pleasant. It is outside of downtown Tacoma, so must drive to the Tacoma Museums, which are all great places to visit. There are very nice hotels downtown within walking distance of the sites. There are a lot of restaurants near the hotel, again have to drive to them. Also, a train track in front of hotel with Amtrak and freight trains running at all hours.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (255)
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 December 2013

I have been here several times, and each time has been a wonderful experience. I love the room, the view, even the sound of the trains going by. The staff have always been so nice and friendly with me. I come up to visit with my family, but prefer staying here by myself - gets me away from all the stress of dealing with the problems they are having. Breakfast is always nice - food is hot and the coffee is good. I hope to be back in the not too distant future.

Room Tip: I was on the third floor near the elevator - very easy access from the parking lot and very quiet...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank krosmon
Burlington, Washington
Reviewed 1 December 2013

I'm torn from want of giving this place a better rating because my two night stay in their Deluxe King Suite was tolerable.

But, I was kind of grossed out on the first day by the hairs in the tub and on the toilet left by the previous guest. Speaking of the bathroom...it was very small. The door barely missed the toilet when opening.

The mattress was extremely firm, in a not very comfortable way. A nice pad would have helped. The couch and chair in our lounge area was covered with scratchy fabric and was not very comfortable to sit on as well. The carpet, furniture and furnishings were kind of dated.

That said, our room was located at the very end of the pier which provided for wonderful views of the Olympic Mountains, to Vashon Island, to Browns Point along with waterfowl and sea birds and a host of shipping/boating activity in Commencement Bay. Sunrise and sunsets with harbor lights reflecting of the water at night were a pretty sight. We were fortunate to be there during clear days and nights. I can imagine during inclement weather the view might seem fairly dreary.

The complementary breakfast was good enough, but I have had better at Holiday Inn.

The high end experience that I was anticipating fell kind of short, but then again, it's all about the views....

1 Thank 1wraspir
DanOLeary, General Manager at Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront, responded to this review, 3 December 2013
Dear 1wraspir,
Thank you for taking the time to share your observations regarding your recent stay with us. I am very sorry that you found some aspects of your stay lacking. All of our guest rooms are inspected daily for cleanliness; I am embarrassed that we missed some obvious issues in your bathroom. I have shared your comments with our housekeeping department and we are taking a much closer look at this process.
I also appreciate your comments regarding the furniture and décor of the room. We utilize guest feedback to evaluate our product and services on a regular basis. I realize some design aspects can be somewhat subjective but we are always looking for ways to improve.
I hope you choose Silver Cloud on your next visit to Tacoma. You are more than welcome to contact me directly; I would be delighted to personally assist with your reservation.
Best regards,
Dan O’Leary
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Excellent stay, we will do it again!!! Awesome place!! We will stay there again next year for our anniversary, we love the room service from The Ram Restaurant....everyone in the hotel was very courteous and the breakfast was very good!!!

Room Tip: Jacuzzi room is excellent!!! Over looks the water!!! We love it!!
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Brian L
Wenatchee, Washington
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stayed the weekend for a University of Puget Sound football reunion. The Silver cloud was perfect for the event. The rooms were nice and clean and we were all conveniently close the entire weekend. We had a beautiful view of Commencement Bay from our room, enjoyed the great walking path along water front, loved being close to two nice restaurants, which is where the banquet and brunch were held. We enjoyed our visit immensely and we will be back in the future. Perfect for a reunion

Salem, Oregon
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Staff was wonderful and welcoming. Views wonderful and rooms very well kept. Breakfast was well presented and offered a variety of choices. Beds and pillows were very comfortable. Front desk personnel, Kim, worked hard to accommodate an early arrival and a place for us to relax and visit.

Room Tip: West side of building has wonderful view.
Ralston, Nebraska
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We stay here frequently and have never been disappointed in the quality or the care. The hotel is located next to the Sound with a view and restaurants nearby that are exceptional. The hotel is also close the the University of Puget Sound.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family