“Luxurious, comfortable hotel in a Gorgeous Setting”

Silver Cloud Inn Tacoma - Waterfront
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
“Luxurious, comfortable hotel in a Gorgeous Setting”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

This is a truly lovely hotel....with an excellent staff and sensational view. It was convenient to many terrific restaurants and places to see. The room was just lovely, the free breakfast was delicious and all the amenities were just perfect. I would definitely recommend it to others....and will certainly stay there again myself.

Room Tip: Ask for a waterfront view....but bring ear plugs so the passing train doesn't wake you during th...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Miriam D

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

Had the most relaxing romantic getaway with my boyfriend! Beautiful views and rooms were fabulous. Great atmosphere! Staff is very polite and helpful! The breakfast was pretty good with a nice set up! Plan on going again as soon as possible!!

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tammerella1
Tacoma, Washington
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I stayed here for our six month anniversary. Wonderful room with great view. Close to great restaurants and the ram does room service. Got us an extra ice bucket as we had two bottles of win to chill because of friends coming to visit. Clean place with a cozy setting

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul3578
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I was here on business while my husband was exploring. The room had the most perfect view. Every morning we woke up to the sun reflecting off the water. The staff were fabulous!! Everyone remembered our names, inquired as to how the things they recommended were. We felt they really were interested. The drivers, one being Jerome, were friendly and helpful as we tried to explore the area. The availability of the shuttle is a huge plus and the breakfast every morning. I travel often for work and am committed to one hotel chain but I would definitely come here over one of their locations.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nebulator
Beaverton, Oregon
Reviewed 9 April 2014

/**I come up to Tacoma several times a year to visit my family. They have a 100+ year old home that isn't easy to negotiate up steep stairs (both up & down) to the bathroom(s). I feel pampered at Silver Cloud. The water view, sea otters,ships small & big, gorgeous sunrise/sunset. More recently I found myself in a deluxe room with a fireplace. Wonderful . I look forward to a tasty breakfast & sometimes, good company.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank 16DZim
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 8 April 2014

Found and chose this place because we are looking for place to stay that near the water. This is a great place to stay, beautiful room. I know when I was reading the reviews myself, the train noise bothered me but went ahead and made the reservation. Keep your windows closed and the noised isn't so bad. In fact, now, almost a year later, the sound of the train reminds me of our stay in Tacome, great memory I will always cherish.

Room Tip: Rooms with the jacuzzi is an excellent choice but a little bit more $ but worth it.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Ventura, CA
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Nice room 318 looking out on the water....lots of room for 2 adults and teenager...check in and parking were easy....beds were great and property was quiet. Did not have breakfast but looked inviting. Recommend this hotel and the restaurants nearby. Never stayed in Tacoma but it was close to Universty of Puget Sound where my son is considering going so I think this is a very nice choice.

Room Tip: 3rd floor was nice....Room 318 had a nice view
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family