“Sars was far superior”

Indochine on Pearl
Ranked #450 of 764 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 25 April 2013

Sars was far superior to this Indochine chain restaurant that replaced it in the north end of Tacoma. I have ordered takeout on 4 times since they opened, giving them a chance to improve. Every entrée taste the same. Probably full of MSG by the appearance of the cuts of the meats. Overpriced and tasteless. I ordered beef and chicken and my mouth tastes of fish.

Reviewed 25 April 2013

We had to go back because they had been our favorite restaurant for so long. On Wed, April 24 the weather was excellent so we jumped into our convertible and we set out for Point Defiance. We discussed if we were willing to go back to Indochine on Pearl and decided they did deserve another chance. We are so happy we did. Everything was wonderful. Please, never let your service and food suffer again. WE LOVE U!

Reviewed 9 February 2013

This is one of our favorite places to eat. It is located at the entrance of Point Defiance Park and we stop in each time we visit the park. We have always had good serve, generous portions of freshly prepared food and enjoyable atmosphere. We looked forward to our visit all day and had our mouths watering for the wonderful food we usually receive. We sat down and immediately a waiter came to our table with menus. We ordered our usual, Cold Thai Coffee and waited, and waited and waited. When we did get it, the ice was melted, the coffee watered down and the sugar in the bottom still not dissolved. Strike one. After 10 more minutes another person came to the table and ask if we were ok. We ordered Spring Rolls (they were good) and told her we were ready to order. She did not take the entree' order. Strike two. We had to wait for the original waiter. He passed us several times, finally we called to him and had to MAKE him take our order. After another 30 minutes the food arrived. My husband's entree #57 was cold. It was a mixture of shrimp, scallops and calamari with vegetables in basil sauce. Not a good dish cold. I ordered my favorite #51, Honey Walnut Chicken which comes in a noodle nest. The honey walnut chicken was warm and tasty (hard to hurt something covered in honey and walnuts), but the nest was stale. Strike Three. When the lady came to bring our bill, she ask if it was our first visit. I told her we came often and were very disappointed in the quality of the food. The portions were small and my husband's entree cold. I also explained that the noodle nest was stale. She promised to do better next time....there will be no next time. Our bill was $53.00 and we felt as if someone had just told us there was no Santa Claus. Many other times we truly enjoyed the food here and always take friends from out of town here to dine. We are devastated. On the positive side...the bathrooms were clean.

1  Thank Snailspace1
Reviewed 4 January 2013

This place has delicious food, and the place is always packed when I drive by. I wish I could eat here more often. It's just as good as the other Indochine, and I think it's a bit less expensive than the downtown one. The people are friendly here, and I definitely think it's one of the better restaurants in north Tacoma. They also offer take-out, and they're reliable.

Reviewed 11 November 2012

In a neighborhood short on good restaurants, it's great to have this outpost of Tacoma Indochine in the Point Defiance area. Eat in the surprisingly classy dining room or call ahead for typically quick take out. Indochine offers an array of Vietnamese/Thai/SE Asian specialties. Our favs include sates, spring rolls, ginger chicken, pad thai and curries. Good, friendly service. This place is usually full, even on weeknights. Stop by and you'll see why.

Been to Indochine on Pearl? Share your experiences!