“Very disappointing”

Ammar's Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #27 of 746 Restaurants in Tacoma
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Melbourne, Australia
“Very disappointing”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We went to this restaurant last night which was recommended by our hotel and a number of people on Trip Advisor. We were really disappointed. Our starter of Calamari was inedible and had to be sent back. The manager explained they were new calamari and first time they had been used. He offered to not charge for them! Next we had the lamb kebabs. Also inedible as we so tough and full of gristle. After that we left. There was no sign of the manager when we departed.

1 Thank Ross B

“Great place to eat”
Reviewed 20 September 2013

My wife and I were traveling and stayed in Seattle for two days. On the second night we ate a wonderful meal at Ammar's. The food was well prepared and fairly priced. The owner could not have been friendlier. I would recommend this place to anyone.

Orting, wa
“Great Mediterranean Food”
Reviewed 16 September 2013

Went there on a Friday at about 5:30pm. Only one table was full when we got there but then...in a few minutes all tables were full. I had chicken kabobs with Greek salad and rice. Everything was so tasteful. Each bite was a surprise. Husband had the red curry. Very tasty. Owners waited on us and visited each table. Very personable. We loved it and will make it one of our top spots to go. The dressing on the salad was the best. Yum. May have to go again tonight.

Austin, Texas
“Quality ingredients and preparation”
Reviewed 10 September 2013

My wife and I really enjoyed dinner at Ammar's in September, 2013. She had shrimp kebab with a green salad and herbed rice ($13.99), and I had a lamb gyro with a Greek salad and herbed rice ($11.99). Both dishes included small samples of grilled vegetables and were excellent, and the waitress was great: relaxed, helpful, very pleasant. She even brought, at no charge, a small crock of tzatziki sauce, which I like to drizzle on gyros. If we lived in Tacoma, this would be a weekly destination.

By the way: they have a full bar that includes around six beers on tap (try the Irish Death, a smooth, malty, dark ale -- $5). They also feature interesting music, as one other reviewer noted: it sounds a little like new age, but not always.

University Place, Washington
“Best food in a long time”
Reviewed 29 August 2013

This food is excellent and the quality is great. The dishes we had were fresh and included interesting combinations of spices. We left feeling satisfied and well fed. In this day and age, that isn't so common. Outdoor seating is available too. The atmosphere is unique and the location misleading, but it would be hard to find better food. We had the steak and the kabobs - the salad itself that came with the steak meal was flavorful and fresh. The steak is marinated in herbs that include rosemary, which is not my favorite. I ordered it anyway and it was cooked to perfection and very savory. The kabobs were also excellent. I highly recommend this place.

• Visited August 2013