“Great spot if you order right....”

Ammar's Mediterranean Grill
Ranked #34 of 756 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
now
“Great spot if you order right....”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Really delicious Greek salads (house made dressing) especially if you top with grilled shrimp, chicken or beef. Great spanakopita and moussaka. Our tastes didn't care for the salmon gyro (not much flavor) or the beef/lamb gyro ( a meatloaf like consistency and overly spiced) or the spaghetti (very sweet). The surprise on the menu is the curry - one of the owners is Thai and this red curry is one of the tastiest I've had - better than Thai restaurants. Excellent baklava - very moist and with pistachios. Attentive service.

• Visited January 2014

Hawaii
“Pleasant staff, ok food”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

The food was fair--grape leaves mushy, hummus bland, chicken good. The pita bread was good. Staff members were pleasant and the servicewas very good.

Puyallup, Washington
“Ammar's is AMAZING!”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

I recently had dinner at Ammar's - I ordered the chicken kabobs, which came with seasoned rice, greek salad, and pita bread. The food is FANTASTIC!! The wait staff is friendly and Ammar comes through and personally talks to the customers! I love the atmosphere - simple, classy, and inviting - not overdone or tacky as some Mediterranean restaurants I've been patron at. I will be visiting this establishment frequently to try out more of the delicious cuisine!!

Gig Harbor, Washington
“Ammar's is AMAZING!!”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

I have been eating Ammar's food for years - first at the Freighthouse Square location, and now at the new location on E 26th St! Same incredible quality, new offerings and atmosphere. The thing that brings me back every time is the freshness of the ingredients, incredibly and consistently executed dishes overall, and passionate and friendly owners/management. Do not hesitate - eat here, and you will be very glad you did!!

Sandy, Oregon
“Wonderful Mediterranean Food”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

My husband and I came here for lunch on our way to the Chihuly Museum of Glass. This is not a "catch your eye" type of restaurant: the building is plain both inside and out. But the food is fabulous. We had lunch, and I ordered the tzadeki with pita and the spanakopitia. The pita was slightly warmed and is different from the typical pita, and very good. The spanakopitia was everything that it should be and so often isn't - the phyllo dough was light and crisp and obviously freshly baked. The spinach-cheese filling was rich and plentiful.

My husband ordered felafel. It came in a pita wrap, much like gyros, with onions and bell peppers and sauce. He said that the accompanying spicy Caesar salad was one of the best he's ever had.

With such great food, we decided to go full hog and order dessert - baklava - which we both love. This was on the spendy side, but absolutely worth it. The phyllo was perfect, the amount of honey was just right, and it was really wonderful. So good that although we'd ordered just one to split between us, and even though we were full from lunch, we ordered another!

The restaurant is fairly plain, with concrete floors and plastic laminate tables and chairs, but there is a full wine and beer list and the food is marvelous.