“Since my review several months ago...”

Laura's Bayview Bar and Grill
Ranked #256 of 770 Restaurants in Tacoma
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 August 2013

we've been back to Laura's Bayview twice, once with two friends and just yesterday with another couple. Three of these folks, as well as me, had the fish and chips and everyone gave them rave reviews and by that I mean they really raved about them. So I'm writing this to let readers know that the quality of Laura's fish and chips has been consistently excellent. The service has been friendly and attentive all three times we've been there and the last two times we ate out on the deck which was very nice.

1  Thank Roadtrip E

Reviewed 12 April 2013

the best fish & chips you will ever taste !! fresh cod , hand prepared & light. salad was fresh , the homemade clam chowder was as awesome as the fish & chips !! staff very friendly , ed brown served us , made sure meal was ok , everything we needed , he got. the food , service &,prices all great !!!! great view of commencment bay. menu has nice variety. this place is a hidden treasure !!!! located 229 st. helens ave , tacoma,wa. well worth it to come & eat here , you won't be sorry !!!! i plan to make this my place when in town [ will make special trip in for fish & chips !! ]
gary brown
puyallup,wa

1  Thank happykimocustomers
Reviewed 5 March 2013

I had the fish and chips and we both had clam chowder. The fish and chips was excellent. They were battered (which I prefer over breaded) with a tasty, light beer batter. They were not greasy. The cod was tender and flaky. The fries were just the way I like 'em, crispy on the outside, tender on the inside. The tartar sauce they came with was also very tasty. We both thought the clam chowder was excellent. Not too thin, not too thick and full of clams and potatoes. The servers were friendly and attentive and there's a partial view of Commencement Bay from some of the tables. The prices were reasonable. If the other menu items are on a par with the fish and chips and clam chowder, this is one of those small downtown Tacoma restaurants that's a real find. We'll be back.

2  Thank Roadtrip E