“Amazing trip down memory lane!”
Review of Dorky's Arcade

Dorky's Arcade
Ranked #2 of 17 Fun & Games in Tacoma
Olympia, Washington
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 61 helpful votes
“Amazing trip down memory lane!”
Reviewed 31 July 2013 via mobile

Upon walking in and seeing wall to wall arcade options I was actually overwhelmed, but as I stayed there longer it wore off.

There is a HUGE variety of games to play from super old Atari to newer Guitar Hero.

The food here was delicious! We had pizza, grilled cheese and tacos! I wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly surprised.

The staff were fantastic! Going around cleaning throughout the evening, and always there to help if needed. Even when I left my wallet after leaving, they had it behind the counter with EVERYTHING STILL IN IT!

The only negative, I think may be that it doesn't have a variety of games for little ones, so I think the minimum age to fully enjoy it would be 6 or 7. They do however have a touchscreen with Fruit Ninja on it that was amazing!

I can't wait to go back!

Visited July 2013

Tacoma, Washington
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“It was pretty cool”
Reviewed 21 May 2013

It had some really neat games that i havent played sense my childhood. It was fun to reminisce and just hang out while playing games.

Visited May 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Retro arcade”
Reviewed 17 April 2013

Cool place to take the kids(before 9pm) so they know what arcades were all about back in the day. They have the biggest selection of pinball games that I know of......

Visited October 2012
Tacoma, Washington
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“I love Dorky's Arcade!!”
Reviewed 13 April 2013

Dorky's is a wonderful establishment. They offer a wide variety of retro arcade and pinball games along with some new ones and on the weekends have a live DJs performing usually playing some kind of dub step music. They also have a huge selection of beer on hand. The employees are all really friendly and sociable. And the hidden gem of Dorky's? THE FOOD!! Their menu is great and sad that most people don't know that. I had a welcome home party there once and ordered a bunch of pizza and sandwiches for it and it was all good! They also cater to vegetarian diets and I *ALMOST* like the veggie sandwiches more than the ones with meat! Dorky's has a great atmosphere and is fun for people of all ages. And they're open to the public but I think after 9 pm, it's only 21+

Visited January 2013
Alexandria, Virginia
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 328 helpful votes
“Old style arcade with beer”
Reviewed 28 March 2013

Dorky's is a great arcade for you spend some time wasting away quarters and drinking some beer.

I went for a second time this past weekend with a friend and we had a blast. They have an excellent selection of pinball games (Dr Who, Indian Jones, South Park etc) for 50 cents each and classic video games (Tron, Zookeeper, DigDug etc) for about 25 cents each. They do have some more recent games but you will not find those stupid ticket games here. This arcade is an arcade for gamers.

They have a good selection of beers and they also have food for purchase (I only got a bag of chips but I did see many people eating pizza).

The best part is that at 9 pm it becomes 21 only so the arcade gets a lot quieter. Then you can settle in to play some serious games and get that high score. I really enjoy Dorky's and cant wait to go back!

Visited March 2013

Been to Dorky's Arcade? Share your experiences!