“Mama Mia!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Primo Grill

Primo Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Primo Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #54 of 741 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$0 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Clarksville, Tennessee
“Mama Mia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

This restaurant was suggested by another friend. I went on a Monday after work. The pace was slow but that was fine with me. The dining area was nice and inviting. My waiter, Mark was excellent. Very attentive, funny, professional with a great smile.The food was wonderful. I had the grilled pork chop with cherry chutney. The meat was tender and the flavor of the meat and chutney were great. It was served with roasted garlic mashed potatoes and broccolini. My co-worker, who is not a big eater, had the scallops and really enjoyed them. She said the proportions were just right for her. We shared the brownie and ice cream dessert. The whole meal was great and we never felt rushed through dinner. A very good first impression.

• Visited July 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hitheroadwithme

Seattle/Tacoma
“Best margaritas in El Norte!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

Never expected to enjoy the margaritas (rocks no salt for us) so much!

My husband chose this restaurant based on a coupon he found online. I am so glad he did! We both had lamb shanks...very tasty, with the baked garlic mash and carrots in a delicious mint sauce.

We decided to skip dessert and go for a second round of margaritas. I usually choose sweets over alcohol but not this time.

We will go again...and I will skip the very delicious bread, the second drink, and save some room for one of the excellent desserts that are listed on the dessert menu.

I wish I remembered the server's name but she was terrific. Just the perfect blend of attentiveness, information, and smiles!

FYI: Primo Grill has several happy hours (4 to 6; 9 to 11?) which offer a selection of $5 small plates and happy hour prices for some wine and beer.

• Visited June 2014
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Winston-Salem, NC
“Not as good...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

Had to come back to Primo again as this restaurant has been a long time favorite when in Tacoma. Food this time was okay but not up to previous standards. Entree serving size was small and the food came lukewarm. Scallops were chewy. The salmon special was a $38 for a small serving. Will be looking for other options next time.

• Visited May 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kent, Washington
“Excellent dinner with friends”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2014

We came for a cozy Valentines Day dinner with friends, and had a very good time. Everything was excellent, from appetizer to wine to entree to dessert. Our calamari was perfectly cooked, and my salmon with olive sauce was great. The sauce complemented the salmon, never overwhelming it. I liked the open kitchen concept, visible from the restaurant, and from the bar seating. It looks like a great neighborhood restaurant; too bad it's not in my neighborhood.

• Visited February 2014
University Place, Washington
“Too much going on with food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014 via mobile

Very kind service, but food and wine overpriced and food had too many competing flavors. Simpler and fresher and more reasonably priced would make sense. Interior decor closer to TexMex or country bar and inconsistent with prices.