“This evening cruise is a great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Seawillow Adventures - CLOSED

Seawillow Adventures
Tacoma Washington
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“This evening cruise is a great find”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

I am a commercial photographer and one night I had an urgent request for a photograph of a certain major plant facility with Mt. Rainier in the background. I tried numerous places I could think of to find someone who could take me out on the water. I found Joyce with Seawillow Adventures and everything fell sweetly into place. The owner Joyce and her troller Seawillow offer an authentic Puget Sound experience. The ride was so smooth as Joyce guided it along and the tour itself was spectacular. The beauty of the Commencement Bay and Gig Harbor was great. Seals and Porpoises were part of the sights seen along the way. Joyce was such a great host and interesting story teller, I hope to have visitors come so I can share this experience again with them.

Visited May 2014
6 Thank DaneG

Federal Way, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Terrific way to spend the day!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

My husband and I spent a wonderful day on a great boat with a terrific captain, Joyce. The day started out foggy, and my husband was fascinated with the state-of-the-art equipment she used to navigate when the visibility was low. She is very knowledgeable and explained to him how everything was used. He loved it! Later the sun burned off the fog and we had a great time in Gig Harbor, discovered a new brewery recommended by our captain, and enjoyed a beautiful sunny cruise back to Tacoma. We had brought our own beer and wine for the boat ride and had a terrific time!

Visited September 2013
4 Thank SVO98023
Tacoma, Washington
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Summer evening on the Seawillow”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2013

This was a great opportunity for those of us who love the water but don't own a boat. The scenery (especially Gig Harbor) was gorgeous, the accomodations-very comfortable, the captain-competent, the weather-perfect and the sunset-beautiful. Being able to bring our own beverages and snacks completed the overall great experience. HIghly recommend!

Visited August 2013
2 Thank JoetteJ
Oregon
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Wonderful day on the water”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Yesterday we had the pleasure to join some friends on the Sea Willow cruises. What a great time we all had. We did a round trip cruise from Tacoma to Gig Harbor and the day could not have been better. The boat was roomy and comfortable and Joyce the captain was friendly and knowledgeable about all the areas along our cruise. We will be booking again soon!

Visited August 2013
1 Thank VillaGuy22
Olympia, Washington, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Birthday Adventure!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My boyfriend and I recently went on a 3 hour sunset cruise with Seawillow. He booked it for me as a birthday surprise, and we fully enjoyed our experience. Joyce was at the dock waiting for us well before we were scheduled to depart, and had emailed us before with instructions on free parking and where to meet her. She was very friendly and warm, and gave us a tour around her boat. Keep in mind that she does live on the boat, so don't expect a grand yacht or a standardized passenger boat. I personally enjoyed the personal touches, and loved seeing all of her pictures and trinkets from her travels around the world. We were welcome to hang out on the inside on the couches, but we spent all of our time up on the deck. There was seating, along with a small grill, and a bag full of items you may need if you were planning on eating/drinking-glasses, towels, corkscrew, etc. (P.S. She does have a bathroom on board!)

The cruise itself was really great. She took us by Point Defiance and Gig Harbor, and timed it really well with the sunset. We were able to admire some of the amazing boats and houses in Gig Harbor, and enjoyed seeing some friendly seals on our way back to Tacoma (and our cruise DID last the full three hours).

I would absolutely book again, as we had so much fun! It was a very relaxed tour and we had a great time drinking our wine and enjoying the views. She just started giving these tours, but the value cannot be beat. If you're looking for a romantic date, the three hour cruise was perfect. You could also book it for the six hour tour, and round up some friends and have a grand old time (which is what we want to do next!).

Visited July 2013