“Restaurant with a view”
Review of Lobster Shop

Lobster Shop
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Shop is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 800 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My friend and I went for lunch on a rather dreary day, but that didn't matter. The view was stunning and I could only imagine how fabulous it would be on the patio overlooking the water in the summer. I had the fish tacos and they were quite tasty. Freshly charred corn and the pineapple salsa were a nice touch.

Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Ate here for a birthday celebration and what a great experience. The resterant is in a great location, very scenic on the bay. We made our reservation on open table and had no issues with that. We arrived early for a drink on the deck and they asked if we wanted to move our reservation up which we did. We enjoyed a nice quiet conversation on the deck with very nice views of Mt Rainier in the background. Our drinks tasted as described and were well made not too heavy or light on the alcohol. Once seated at a great table (I requested a nice view for a birthday celebration) our waitress came out and I was very happy with her service. Instead of taking guesses on wines she bought out samples and if we wanted something we only had to make eye contact to get her to come over. The food came out at good intervals and was well portioned. It was delicious and we had a very good meal. Surprisingly the atmosphere was very nice considering they were busy but it wasn't too loud and the food came out with no errors, on time and tasting great. I say this is Tacoma's other great upscale restaurant as I love El Gauchos but haven't been blown away by a lot of other spots as far as classy eateries go. Upscale is in quotations as I don't feel you'd need to dress up or anything to eat here. A nice touch was we got complementary ice cream bought out for the birthday celebration. Great place.

Reviewed 5 October 2013

Ok I have to admit I live on the hill above this restaurant but in this case familiarity does not breed contempt.This one of best seafood restaurants on puget sound.Great food, great views,friendly staff and a classy atmosphere without being stuffy

Reviewed 26 September 2013

Had amazing halibut in white wine. Everyone in our party was very pleased with dinner. Friendly staff. Will go again when I return to Tacoma.

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Excellently prepared meals served on the comfortable patio built on pilings over Puget Sound. Beautiful!

Been to Lobster Shop? Share your experiences!