“Great Dinner with friends”
Review of Lobster Shop South

Lobster Shop South
Reserve with OpenTable
Lobster Shop South is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 751 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Gig Harbor, Washington
“Great Dinner with friends”
Reviewed 2 December 2013

We took two other couples out for a dinner. Everything was great. Great atmosphere, great service, great food and reasonable price for this level of a restaurant. Built out over the water with a great view. Couldn't have been more perfect. Went on a Saturday night but the place was not crowded. Of course almost everyone was home eating leftover Thanksgiving turkey. Will be going there again for special occasions.

• Korean first
Newport, OR
“Great Service and Food”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

We ate here for my birthday and the food and service were all one could ask for on their birthday. The wine list is comprehensive but on the expensive side. As it was night we couldn't appreciate the view. Our server was knowledgable about the menu and offered insight into the entrees we were considering. Service was great and food was as well, I had the scallops and my wife the halibut special. Food and drinks are not cheap here but sometimes you really do get what you are paying for.We would definitely go back if we are ever staying in Tacoma again.

Yakima, Washington
“Seemed a little old school at first, but an awesome meal”
Reviewed 9 November 2013

We were traveling for business and went to this restaurant. Coming in, with YMCA by the Village People playing over the loudspeakers followed by 70's era music, and combined with the restaurant mostly having older patrons, the restaurant had a bit of an old school vibe to it. However, besides that, the decor is up to date and the view of the water was pretty even on a rainy night. We were there early enough (which may also explain the "older patron" feel) that we took advantage of Twighlight Menu, which allowed us to pick a starter, an entree and a dessert for $20 with a few having a $2 extra charge. Four of us ordered off this menu and we all had great food. The restaurant did serve sliced bagettes with a heavenly aioli pesto dipping sauce. My own starter was a signature salad, which had a very light citrus dressing on a bed of greens, sliced apples, pecans and blue cheese. Just delightful. I ordered the steak for $2 extra and it was delicilous as was the mashed potatoes and sliced zucchini side. But the star without a doubt was the flourless chocolate cake which was like heaven. I cannot recommend this dessert anymore. Other companions had the creme brule and bread pudding but I think we got the best dessert in the flourless chocolate cake. I was full at the end of the meal but not stuffed and uncomfortable so it was just about as perfect as could be. At twice this price this meal would have been fantastic but being able to get out the door including tip under $30 was amazing.

“Restaurant with a view”
Reviewed 27 October 2013 via mobile

My friend and I went for lunch on a rather dreary day, but that didn't matter. The view was stunning and I could only imagine how fabulous it would be on the patio overlooking the water in the summer. I had the fish tacos and they were quite tasty. Freshly charred corn and the pineapple salsa were a nice touch.

Visited October 2013
Seattle, Washington
“Tacoma's other great "upscale" restaurant”
Reviewed 7 October 2013 via mobile

Ate here for a birthday celebration and what a great experience. The resterant is in a great location, very scenic on the bay. We made our reservation on open table and had no issues with that. We arrived early for a drink on the deck and they asked if we wanted to move our reservation up which we did. We enjoyed a nice quiet conversation on the deck with very nice views of Mt Rainier in the background. Our drinks tasted as described and were well made not too heavy or light on the alcohol. Once seated at a great table (I requested a nice view for a birthday celebration) our waitress came out and I was very happy with her service. Instead of taking guesses on wines she bought out samples and if we wanted something we only had to make eye contact to get her to come over. The food came out at good intervals and was well portioned. It was delicious and we had a very good meal. Surprisingly the atmosphere was very nice considering they were busy but it wasn't too loud and the food came out with no errors, on time and tasting great. I say this is Tacoma's other great upscale restaurant as I love El Gauchos but haven't been blown away by a lot of other spots as far as classy eateries go. Upscale is in quotations as I don't feel you'd need to dress up or anything to eat here. A nice touch was we got complementary ice cream bought out for the birthday celebration. Great place.

• Visited October 2013