“Very good food, great waitstaff, Friendly atmosphere”

Asado Cucina Argentina
Reserve with OpenTable
Asado Cucina Argentina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 812 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Argentinian, Steakhouse
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Pine
Description: Sizzle and smoke define Asado Cucina Argentina, the South Sound's only Argentine-themed steakhouse and a staple restaurant of the trendy Sixth Avenue dining district. Heady smoke wafts from the display kitchen where chefs sear beef over a mesquite grill. Low lighting is moody by night, bright and beautiful by day because of the expansive garage doors that roll up in the summertime, spilling diners onto Sixth Avenue. A mural evokes pastoral Argentina. Metalwork and heavy doses of deep-hued wood create a rustic urban palette. Social by design, with a large chef's table straddling the display kitchen. Bench booth seating connects diners to neighbors, but without being overly intrusive. The word "asado" means a gathering of friends for a grill party - the Argentine equivalent of an American patio barbecue - and that theme translates into a convivial gathering spot for friends and family. A steakhouse with a flavor-forward menu with preparations licked with smoke and sophistication.
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

There were four of us so we ordered the family style meal for four. There was SO MUCH FOOD!!! It was all truly delicious. I tend to go lightly on salt, so some of it was a bit more salty than I personally prefer, but all of the flavors were good. I especially liked the polenta. Two relatively large pieces of meat come with the dinner, so it helps if everyone likes their meat cooked to the same level of doneness. Since we didn't, We had one piece cooked to medium rare and the other to medium well. I didn't eat any of the medium well, but the other couple seemed happy, and we were definitely pleased with our medium rare piece. The appetizers were all outstanding - especially the ceviche, and my personal favorite dessert was the pistachio ice cream. We will definitely return.

Reviewed 16 April 2018 via mobile

Visited Asado for the 1st time last Friday night for a birthday dinner with friends. Made reservations online which was a good idea as the restaurant is not very large & was pretty busy.
The service was quick & attentive. Meals were delicious with generous portions.
We will definitely be going back!

Reviewed 15 April 2018 via mobile

I’ve eaten here a number of times over the years and this is my favorite Tacoma spot for something slightly more upscale.

I’m vegan but none of my friends and family are and we can all eat very happily here. They are wonderfully warm and accommodating to my vegan needs and my meat eating friends rave about their food as well.

Reviewed 9 April 2018 via mobile

This was a girlfriend lunch date and man we LOVE ASADO! The amazing smell as you walk up to the door will win you over. Lunch is much easier to get a table. If you go for dinner MAKE A RESERVATION! All of the steaks, lomo, polenta dishes, seafood is/was AMAZING! I have some dietary restrictions (no dairy or eggs) and they immediately accommodated my needs! Great atmosphere, super friendly and quick staff! Parking sucks. But it’s worth the hassle! Valet is avl at night!

Reviewed 4 April 2018

We took our son and his girl friend to dinner here on the Saturday before Easter. It was noisy. The wine list is good but overpriced ( bottle costs 3 x retail ). Food is also good but on the expensive side.