“One Of My All Time Worst Experiences”

Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Dallas, TX
“One Of My All Time Worst Experiences”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed four nights from July 16 - 20, 2014. My group had almost the entire hotel booked the last two nights. The hotel has had a facelift since the last time I was there (in 2011), but the facelift consists mainly of new carpet/tile and a fresh coat of paint. Check in was fine and the room was clean and ready, but things went downhill from there. The wifi was spotty and unreliable. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Whenever it didn't, you were out of luck. The hotel staff had no clue what to do. The beds are very old. I felt like I was sleeping on an inner tube. I asked that the mattress be flipped (which I was told they did) but that didn't help. It was simply worn out. The room keys worked one time and one time only. The key issue was finally addressed on the third day of a four night stay. I left four messages at the front desk for the hotel manager to call me. I never heard from anyone. I emailed the hotel manager twice. No response. The issues with my room were not addressed until I threatened to track down the manager at his home and go visit him in person. That got their attention. The banquet service was substandard. The chef forgot to prepare the salad, which we all bought and paid for, so it was not served. The meals were cold and tasted like they had been prepared and left sitting for hours. The banquet staff also did not serve the coffee or tea that we bought and paid for. And the bar that was set up in the banquet room? Drinks were served in plastic cups. After I checked out, I received an email from Best Western asking me for my feedback about the property, to which I responded. Today, I finally heard from the hotel manager, apologizing for the substandard food, service, staff treatment, etc. and he provided me with his telephone number. He wasn't willing to talk to me while I was staying at the property to address any of my issues, but he certainly did seem willing to step up and make a sincere offer of assistance--three days after I had checked out and no longer needed him. Customer service at its finest. As far as the complimentary breakfast, it was okay. Nothing special--scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, biscuits and gravy and waffles. Having said that, breakfast is pretty easy to prepare and when you serve the same thing every day, you expect it to be okay. I do not recommend this property and I would strongly advise anyone who is considering this property to explore other options.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank northdallastx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are ok but small. Not a big deal since we just needed a place to sleep for one night. There is nothing nearby so make sure you have a car if you want to travel around unless you don't mind the bus. Bed was comfy and clean. The bathroom is very small and awkward to get into no matter what size you are. The room had a fridge and it was on the louder side through the night. There was no weird smells which is a huge thing for me. They are pet friendly which is misleading... You have to stay in a double if you have a pet and there is a $20 pet fee which is not a big deal BUT there is no where for your pet to go potty outside which became frustrating real quick. Have never been to the area before and not sure if this is a great neighborhood since there are some strange individuals walking around but I guess I would stay again if I HAD to otherwise I can cross tacoma off my travel list and move on.

• Stayed July 2014
EAST WENATCHEE, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The car club I belong to brought very expensive autos to Tacoma. Security was a must. The staff at the Hotel were awesome in our treatment, acoomidations, and making sure our cars were safe and unmolested. Breakfast was one ot the best I've had. A real added bonus to our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were journeying to a friends celebration in Seattle and wanted to spend some time in
Tacoma. We found this hotel and line and were surprised by the convenient location (near the Tacoma Dome and Auto Museum) and good accommodations. Under ground parking and easy access to the river front were unexpected.
The room was quite clean and the complementary breakfast provided many options.

A economical choice for a visit to Tacoma.

Room Tip: We chose a high floor for a better view of the river front.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
grants pass, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

the hotel is super clean and comfortable. I slept like a baby the same with husband. We were able to rest and felt at home. All the staff are very helpful, friendly and accommodating .I like the atmosphere inside the hotel the location is perfect if you need a place to sleep coming from Port Angeles taking hwy. 16. going to I- 5 . Also if you want to watch a concert/games at Tacoma Dome , this is a perfect place .

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Page, Arizona
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Right next to the Dome. Great room. Clean and comfortable. King bed room has a nice sofa and a desk and chair. We had a nice view of the city. The breakfast has many choices and seemed fresh and yummy. Coffee was always available. The lobby is beautiful and pleasant. There is a parking garage.
Con is there are hardly any places to eat nearby. However, the hotel has a restaurant and bar.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Modesto, California
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Thank you Victoria Castaneda!

Traveling by motorcycle from California to Canada with our friends... 8 of us descended on the Best Western at about 8 p.m. Poor Victoria! Everyone was tired, and our humor was as worn as our bottoms... but she found us all rooms, and invited us to a warm breakfast. She made every effort to help us with information for the rooms (which were at a great price) secure parking and even laundry (packing for 10 days on a motorcycle... you get the picture). We all enjoyed the BW breakfast buffet... the fresh waffles are really delicious. The rooms were nice, and I really loved the pillows at this place. True... the area is obviously "seedy" but the location is convenient to the freeway, and there are some pretty cool sites nearby... Boeing Flight Center is just an hour north... and LeMay's Car Museum is just around the corner. Enjoy!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends