“Good hotel. Horrible wifi”

Best Western Plus Tacoma Dome Hotel
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
“Good hotel. Horrible wifi”
Reviewed 27 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel is great. Good breakfast, clean rooms, fridge and micro in every room. It is a older property but has been maintained. The wifi in the place sucks. I found myself waking around trying to find full bars. Eventually have up and used the business desk.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
Bend, United States
Reviewed 26 July 2014

Very nice hotel, staff, and overall great experience. Our Ironing board was broken, but the maid replaced it right away. The breakfast was great too, they did not serve the same thing each day and mixed it up a little.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The staff was very friendly and everything was clean and adequate, but I have traveled a lot lately and there are a lot of better choices out there. This would be a great hotel if you want to save some money and can get it for about $70 a room. The rooms are fine, except for the very small bathrooms which were just odd shaped. The location is not great, unless you are going to the Tacoma Dome, then it's excellent. My friend and I looked for the "game room" we kept seeing signs for but only found a washer and dryer in the "game room".

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Cochrane, Canada
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Easy hotel to find but there is nothing near the hotel. Looks like it is in an industry area. There was some car show while we were there so no parking at all and with the neighborhood we were in, I did not feel comfortable leaving car on the street. They let all their guests know there is free wifi but really that is not true. My son was able to connect once in 4 days, at 4 in the morning. Wifi in the lobby worked great but after a busy day we just wanted to relax in our room. Mattresses were old and need to be replaced and apparently we had one of their newer rooms. Movie rentals did not work one night but would the next. Some upgrades are definitely needed for this hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dallas, TX
Reviewed 24 July 2014

Stayed four nights from July 16 - 20, 2014. My group had almost the entire hotel booked the last two nights. The hotel has had a facelift since the last time I was there (in 2011), but the facelift consists mainly of new carpet/tile and a fresh coat of paint. Check in was fine and the room was clean and ready, but things went downhill from there. The wifi was spotty and unreliable. Sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. Whenever it didn't, you were out of luck. The hotel staff had no clue what to do. The beds are very old. I felt like I was sleeping on an inner tube. I asked that the mattress be flipped (which I was told they did) but that didn't help. It was simply worn out. The room keys worked one time and one time only. The key issue was finally addressed on the third day of a four night stay. I left four messages at the front desk for the hotel manager to call me. I never heard from anyone. I emailed the hotel manager twice. No response. The issues with my room were not addressed until I threatened to track down the manager at his home and go visit him in person. That got their attention. The banquet service was substandard. The chef forgot to prepare the salad, which we all bought and paid for, so it was not served. The meals were cold and tasted like they had been prepared and left sitting for hours. The banquet staff also did not serve the coffee or tea that we bought and paid for. And the bar that was set up in the banquet room? Drinks were served in plastic cups. After I checked out, I received an email from Best Western asking me for my feedback about the property, to which I responded. Today, I finally heard from the hotel manager, apologizing for the substandard food, service, staff treatment, etc. and he provided me with his telephone number. He wasn't willing to talk to me while I was staying at the property to address any of my issues, but he certainly did seem willing to step up and make a sincere offer of assistance--three days after I had checked out and no longer needed him. Customer service at its finest. As far as the complimentary breakfast, it was okay. Nothing special--scrambled eggs, sausage links, potatoes, biscuits and gravy and waffles. Having said that, breakfast is pretty easy to prepare and when you serve the same thing every day, you expect it to be okay. I do not recommend this property and I would strongly advise anyone who is considering this property to explore other options.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank northdallastx
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are ok but small. Not a big deal since we just needed a place to sleep for one night. There is nothing nearby so make sure you have a car if you want to travel around unless you don't mind the bus. Bed was comfy and clean. The bathroom is very small and awkward to get into no matter what size you are. The room had a fridge and it was on the louder side through the night. There was no weird smells which is a huge thing for me. They are pet friendly which is misleading... You have to stay in a double if you have a pet and there is a $20 pet fee which is not a big deal BUT there is no where for your pet to go potty outside which became frustrating real quick. Have never been to the area before and not sure if this is a great neighborhood since there are some strange individuals walking around but I guess I would stay again if I HAD to otherwise I can cross tacoma off my travel list and move on.

• Stayed July 2014
EAST WENATCHEE, United States
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The car club I belong to brought very expensive autos to Tacoma. Security was a must. The staff at the Hotel were awesome in our treatment, acoomidations, and making sure our cars were safe and unmolested. Breakfast was one ot the best I've had. A real added bonus to our stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends