“bed bugs”

Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
vancouver
“bed bugs”
Reviewed 26 March 2008

We were using the econolodge on International boulevard near the seattle airport for there park and ride. We were on our way for a beautiful cycling vacation around Tucson. As soon as the lights went out for sleep ( room 214 ) I started getting bitten. I took a sleeping pill as I knew this would be long night. by morning I had bites on the back of my hands, arms and a different set of bites on the length of my back. In the morning I whiped back the sheet to see a very small brown bug quickly moving about. It was very awful to be covered with bites. they were not itchy till they were touched. They became small hard red bumps and the ones on my back became large red welts. I suppose they were bed bugs and one other insect. The man at the front desk was not overly concerned when I told him he should get the place properly cleaned. Awful experience, not worth it for the cheap week of parking..

• Disliked — the bug bites
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oceangardenVancouver

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Tacoma
Reviewed 16 December 2007

The room was fine, the staff very nice at check-in. The TV remote did not work. I had checked in for two days away to rest and recover from chemotherapy and to have some time on my own to regroup.

Exhausted by the time I left. I was in 117, and 116 played music the first night loudly from about 8:00 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. The next night, 116 started with the TV up very loud at 3:30 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. I could not even hear my own TV. I was going to complain, but felt nervous about it, being a woman on my own. I will not go back..........

I was so looking forward to this time out, all wasted. Other than the noise, it would have been a lovely and needed time out in a very decent place. However, if you cannot rest and cannot even sleep until the neighboring room shut their stuff off, there is no point.

• Liked — Clean, comfortable.
  • Disliked — Noise!
  • Stayed December 2007, travelled solo
Portland, OR
Reviewed 20 August 2007

Checked in in the afternoon. When we returned, later in the evening, we were locked out of the room and had to fill out a second registration card. Ice and vending machines were broken.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled as a couple
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2007

I went to check in at 4:40 and was told I had to wait 10 minutes while they cleaned my room. Twenty minutes later, two housekeeping staff were still at it and I called the front desk from my cell phone and indicated I wasn't happy. At 5:10, maintenance staff joined them and proceeded to remove a broken picture and the a/c-heating unit out of the room. By this time, my dinner was cold, my chocolate milk was getting warm, a male teen was hocking loogies off the balcony next to my car and I'd had enough and asked to be let out of my reservation and I was.

• Liked — Getting out of my reservation so I could check in elsewhere
  • Disliked — Wondering what went on in that room that all those people were still working on
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveldanse
South Florida, Florida
Reviewed 27 July 2007

I checked out within minutes of checking in. It was very rundown and dirty, and upon check-in was told to let them know if the neighbors bothered me. They were kind enough to let me cancel my reservation, as this room was totally unacceptable to me.

• Liked — Having my reservation cancelled
  • Disliked — Room condition
  • Stayed July 2007, travelled on business
1 Thank Traveldanse
Portland OR area
Reviewed 20 May 2007

I stayed here one night recently and found that it was quite acceptable for the price ($55 with tax). The room was clean and included a m/w & small fridge, iron & board, in a standard, outside-entrance room. Carpeting was fairly new. The advertised computer in the lobby was actually at the EconoLodge next door, and a picture of the nice building I saw in an ad was not of this hotel. This hotel is a 2 story, tacky-looking building with an "interesting" exterior paint job. The free continental breakfast was coffee, juice & muffins, which ended at 9 am on a weekend day. I didn't make it by that time so I can't judge the fare. No real amenities at the hotel other than what is in the room, but there are nearby restaurants. The staff I encountered were pleasant.

If you just need a place to sleep & watch tv, near I-5 in south Tacoma, this is a decent low-cost choice.

• Liked — Low price
  • Disliked — Tacky looking
  • Stayed May 2007, travelled solo
Reno, Nevada
Reviewed 9 November 2006

Great place for under $50 a night. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable. It had a fridge, cable tv and a microwave. The only thing missing was a coffee pot. Their "continental breakfast" consists of juice, coffee, and muffins. Fortuneately, there is a Denny's close by and Tacoma Mall is right across the highway.

• Liked — The location
  • Disliked — No coffee pot.
  • Stayed October 2006, travelled with family