“NONONONONONONONONO”

Travelodge Tacoma Near McChord AFB
Ranked #20 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Reviewed 17 August 2009

The worst Motel EVER!!!! The first room we were put into had 2 holes in the walls and the hookers and drug dealers were in the room next door. We went to the office and said we would not stay in that room. We were given another room. It was filthy. There were what looked to be blood spots on the bathroom walls, there were Budwiser bottle caps in the ceiling, sheets had burn holes in the, the box springs was missing the top and many other issues aswell.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank gmaneecie

Reviewed 17 May 2009

This motel is fairly old and pretty run down. I believe it is frequented by Fort Lewis soldiers who want a place to get drunk and have sex. At least that was the impression I got by the front desk when I told them I was military.
The room lacked what should be considered standard amenities. It had no alarm clock and no coffee maker. The ice machines looked about 20 years old and were extremely loud.
The continental breakfast consisted of very small muffins and toast. No cereal, milk, danishes, or anything. They did have coffee and juice. I tried the Orange Juice and it was horrible.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family
2  Thank Daniel G
Reviewed 5 April 2009

We chose this motel because it was cheap and because they claimed to be a "smoke-free" motel. It was cheep, but it was NOT smoke free.

This isn't the worst hotel I've had to stay in, but is IS the second worst. The first room we were given we couldn't get into because not even the manager could get the door open. The room we got had an ant infestation, mold in the bathroom, and major stains on the carpet. There were extreme electrical issues. Switching on the AC tripped the breaker every time and all the lights went out, but management was used to it and was prompt with service to reset it. Only 3 sockets were functional, and even these were so loose I wish I had tape to help the cords stay in the wall. The maintenance on the hotel looked like it had been done by someone who was half-drunk. There were a lot of sloppy hole repairs on the walls and the calking around the bathtub was intense to say the least. The floor in our first floor room was slanted and there was no fan in the bathroom.

About the only good thing about this hotel was that it had almost the fastest wireless internet I've ever experienced anywhere I've stayed. Even at night, downloads were very speedy. I think this was because I don't think any other guest knew how to run one of "them-there conputers".

If it wasn't 11:00pm and I hadn't have already paid in advance, I would have looked for something else.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank bvs1
Reviewed 8 October 2008

I read other reviews and knew I was taking my chances. My unit (103) was clean enough, but is run down looking. I stayed two nights and ask for my room not to be serviced and put out a do not disturb sign but they came in any way. The internet service is slower than when I had dial up ( from 24-36 Mbps) can't watch movies with that. The price was the best part .

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 15 August 2008

It was okay for the price - nothing exciting. Cheap... you get what you pay for. easy location to get to. can recommend it for a night or two or for a long term if you move to the area and want to save some $$$ while you look for a perminant house. not a vaction not a business stay.

• Stayed: August 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 26 March 2008

We were using the econolodge on International boulevard near the seattle airport for there park and ride. We were on our way for a beautiful cycling vacation around Tucson. As soon as the lights went out for sleep ( room 214 ) I started getting bitten. I took a sleeping pill as I knew this would be long night. by morning I had bites on the back of my hands, arms and a different set of bites on the length of my back. In the morning I whiped back the sheet to see a very small brown bug quickly moving about. It was very awful to be covered with bites. they were not itchy till they were touched. They became small hard red bumps and the ones on my back became large red welts. I suppose they were bed bugs and one other insect. The man at the front desk was not overly concerned when I told him he should get the place properly cleaned. Awful experience, not worth it for the cheap week of parking..

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank oceangardenVancouver
Reviewed 16 December 2007

The room was fine, the staff very nice at check-in. The TV remote did not work. I had checked in for two days away to rest and recover from chemotherapy and to have some time on my own to regroup.

Exhausted by the time I left. I was in 117, and 116 played music the first night loudly from about 8:00 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. The next night, 116 started with the TV up very loud at 3:30 p.m. until 1:30 a.m. I could not even hear my own TV. I was going to complain, but felt nervous about it, being a woman on my own. I will not go back..........

I was so looking forward to this time out, all wasted. Other than the noise, it would have been a lovely and needed time out in a very decent place. However, if you cannot rest and cannot even sleep until the neighboring room shut their stuff off, there is no point.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled solo