“Great Place to Stay!”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Colbert, United States
“Great Place to Stay!”
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Was here for business. Made being away from home a treat. Room was spotless. Bed, comforter, and pillows were comfy. Tons of towels. Coffee maker easy to use. There was even popcorn and a micro! I actually hope I have a reason to go back.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nice newly remodelled facility. Easy on/off I-5 freeway. Room was clean & quiet. T.V. was small for room size. Liked charging station on night stand. Complimentary breakfast was satisfactory. Coffee was great!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Cold Lake, AB, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

All staff was very friendly. Lobby and breakfast lounge very spacious. Room clean, comfy bed and choice of pillows. Front desk very helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations, showing me how to use my phone and knowledgeable with any of my inquiries. Pleasant stay

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites Tacoma Mall on business. I did not arrive with high expectations - I expected the basics, having picked the hotel due to its convenient location. I was pleasantly surprised; the check in was one of the most pleasant check-in experiences I've had in recent memory. Charles checked me into the hotel (as well as my colleagues) with professionalism and friendliness that reminded me of what good service is like. He didn't make me and my colleagues feel like just guests passing by. He made us feel like good friends returning for a visit, and *that* takes talent. I thought that this service may end with Charles's, but I was wrong. Every employee I encountered at this hotel was superbly friendly, professional, and accommodating.

Similarly, I received a wonderfully large, clean, and comfortable room. Housekeeping kept the room clean, presentable, and welcoming. I didn't try the gym due to pure laziness and hectic schedule. The breakfast was free and basic, but the staff, once again, kept it friendly and welcoming (do they put something in the water here?).

Hampton Inn Tacoma Mall is close to I-5, the Mall, several restaurants, downtown Tacoma, and Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Parking seemed plentiful, with spots reserved for Diamond members. My only annoyance, really, was that the internet service was slow (though it's free, and slow internet service seems to be the norm at most hotels). Also, there is no HBO (for all of the Game of Thrones fans), but there is Showtime. The views are nothing to write home about, but one doesn't stay at a business hotel with great location for the views. The hotel is plenty close to the views, though.

All in all, this was a really good place for the trip, and I (as well as my colleagues) will happily return to this location for our future trips. If you go to Tacoma on business, you will not regret staying at this Hampton Inn. The service their staff provides truly needs to be commended and replicated elsewhere. Highly recommended!

1 Thank TravelinSonja
Reviewed 8 May 2014

I was only in Tacoma for one night and of course looked for a Hampton Inn. I have never been disappointed by Hampton Inn and the Tacoma location was great. The location was perfect for the business meeting I had. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Trail
Reviewed 6 May 2014

Stayed at this property because of it's location, on the I-5 near the Tacoma mall. Even though it is located along the freeway, our room was very quiet. The room we stayed in had a king bed which was comfortable. The room was clean, and provided access to the internet. The breakfast was your normal complimentary breakfast. If we were going to be in the area again and looking for a place to stay, we would most likely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Burlington, United States
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Stayed with a group of ladies on a bowling trip. Location seemed safe and secure. Very clean, friendly and comfortable. Beds had three pillows of different sizes which I was happy for since I forgot my own. Parking on a busy weekend a bit of a challenge. Near restaurants and shopping. Easy access to freeway. Would recommend.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends