“awesome”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Mesa, United States
“awesome”
Reviewed 3 June 2014

Thank you for the most pleasant stay at the Hampton. The beds were very comfortable, rooms were clean and quiet. Food at breakfast was amazing and the hotel staff was amazing. We will stay again. We also loved how secure the hotel was.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Micheal G W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
white plains, United States
Reviewed 2 June 2014

The hotel was clean and friendly. Rooms were very nice and the beds were very comfortable. Great complimentary breakfast. Check in and out were quick and easy. I felt comfortable the in surrounding area. Only 10 minutes to downtown Tacoma

1 Thank Roger K
Wenatchee, United States
Reviewed 21 May 2014

I'd love to rate this hotel very positively because everything was quite nice. But having to listen to our neighbors at 3 am did not make for a restful night and therefore defeated the purpose of us being there- to get a restful nights sleep.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Kerry L
Colbert, United States
Reviewed 14 May 2014

Was here for business. Made being away from home a treat. Room was spotless. Bed, comforter, and pillows were comfy. Tons of towels. Coffee maker easy to use. There was even popcorn and a micro! I actually hope I have a reason to go back.

Reviewed 14 May 2014

Nice newly remodelled facility. Easy on/off I-5 freeway. Room was clean & quiet. T.V. was small for room size. Liked charging station on night stand. Complimentary breakfast was satisfactory. Coffee was great!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Cold Lake, AB, Canada
Reviewed 14 May 2014

All staff was very friendly. Lobby and breakfast lounge very spacious. Room clean, comfy bed and choice of pillows. Front desk very helpful with directions, restaurant recommendations, showing me how to use my phone and knowledgeable with any of my inquiries. Pleasant stay

Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I recently stayed at Hampton Inn and Suites Tacoma Mall on business. I did not arrive with high expectations - I expected the basics, having picked the hotel due to its convenient location. I was pleasantly surprised; the check in was one of the most pleasant check-in experiences I've had in recent memory. Charles checked me into the hotel (as well as my colleagues) with professionalism and friendliness that reminded me of what good service is like. He didn't make me and my colleagues feel like just guests passing by. He made us feel like good friends returning for a visit, and *that* takes talent. I thought that this service may end with Charles's, but I was wrong. Every employee I encountered at this hotel was superbly friendly, professional, and accommodating.

Similarly, I received a wonderfully large, clean, and comfortable room. Housekeeping kept the room clean, presentable, and welcoming. I didn't try the gym due to pure laziness and hectic schedule. The breakfast was free and basic, but the staff, once again, kept it friendly and welcoming (do they put something in the water here?).

Hampton Inn Tacoma Mall is close to I-5, the Mall, several restaurants, downtown Tacoma, and Joint Base Lewis-McChord. Parking seemed plentiful, with spots reserved for Diamond members. My only annoyance, really, was that the internet service was slow (though it's free, and slow internet service seems to be the norm at most hotels). Also, there is no HBO (for all of the Game of Thrones fans), but there is Showtime. The views are nothing to write home about, but one doesn't stay at a business hotel with great location for the views. The hotel is plenty close to the views, though.

All in all, this was a really good place for the trip, and I (as well as my colleagues) will happily return to this location for our future trips. If you go to Tacoma on business, you will not regret staying at this Hampton Inn. The service their staff provides truly needs to be commended and replicated elsewhere. Highly recommended!

1 Thank TravelinSonja