“Great stay ”

Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Tacoma
Bellingham, Washington
“Great stay ”
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

Unexpectedly awesome stay in Tacoma. Hotel seems pretty new. Room was very comfortable, and the fitness room has free weights, medicine balls, and a Swiss ball in addition to the standard cardio fare (I was very happy about this). Breakfast was terrific - they even had boiled eggs in addition to the cooked eggs. The fresh fruit was actually fresh, and the selection of other items was quite good (hot and cold). Staff were super friendly and efficient. Would stay here again for sure if we're in the area.

Stayed August 2014
1 Thank Localhamster

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Reviewed 21 August 2014 via mobile

I stopped here while on a business trip. Like always, Hampton has the most comfortable beds in the industry. The front desk ladies were awesome. I did chuckle about the amount of security for this property but it's probably the result of a lawsuit and not the environment.

Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Anacortes, Washington
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I have yet to have an unpleasant stay here. I've stayed many times and the people are wonderful, beds are the best ever. I recommend them to everyone when I hear they are travelling! Great job gang at the Hampton Inn Tacoma-Mall!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Westfield Center, Ohio
Reviewed 16 August 2014

This is conveniently located near the highway and has many dining options nearby as well. Now that you can check in and pick your actual room number on the hhonors app, I wanted to suggest certain rooms. The room we stayed in was also HUGE!

If you want to catch a possible glimpse of Mt. Rainer, then I would recommend rooms 36, 38 , 40, 42, 43, 41, 39 or 37 (just add the floor number before these numbers). My wife and I stayed in 341 and it was great. See my pics also.

Room Tip: If you want to catch a possible glimpse of Mt. Rainer, then I would recommend rooms 36, 38 , 40, 42...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jpc2020
fayetteville, United States
Reviewed 13 August 2014

This stay was probably the best stay at a Hilton family hotel ever. The staff treated us with the utmost courtesy and made every effort to go out of their way. Particular appreciation and gratitude go to Ms. Trina, one of the maid staff, and Ms. Dorothy in the kitchen area along with the young woman working behind the counter our first night - I didn't get her name but when we got back to the hotel later that evening I mentioned they were out of cookies and she made sure to have some waiting for us in our room the next night-truly made us feel welcome! They and the staff behind the counter made me and my family feel extremely welcome. We will definitely stay there again, should we travel to Tacoma in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

1 Thank Andy G
Beaverton, OR
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Great hotel all around. It is clean, nicely furnished and roomy. They left a note that the duvet had washed the duvet cover for us :-). Free breakfast with good variety, although the fruit is not as fresh. The staff is helpful. Definitely will go back if we come to this area again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Epi01
Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed here 5 nights for business trip. The hotel was very accomodating and reasonably priced. If in the area again I would certainly make this hotel my choice of stay. All staff was very friendly and accomodating. Some nice perks, with breakfast, paper, free internet in room, fresh cookies, coffee, bagged breakfast on the go, and enjoyed workout facility. They have a pool and hot tub as well. Neighborhood is a bit questionable but hotel was very secure (better security than any other hotel I've stayed).

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business