“Great italian food” 4 of 5 bubbles

Marzano's Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 741 Restaurants in Tacoma
Price range: US$17 - US$35
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great italian food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is one of the best Italian restaurants I have ever eaten at and certainly the best in the Pacific North West. I went for Lunch and the food was phenomenal and fairly priced, a great value. The wait staff was very responsive and really contributed well to the overall experience. Very friendly and attentive. The restaurant itself can be slighlty cramped and congested but thats not a very big issue. Would definitely recommend sitting outside on a good weather day.

• Visited July 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles

Olympia, Washington
“Favorite restaurant for 20+ years”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2013

We have been going to this restaurant for over 20 years. All special days - birthdays, anniversaries are spent here. Elisa, Brian and the crew do a great job and the food is always excellent. Can't wait to go back - my mouth is watering. Reservations recommended. Outdoor seating on good weather days.

• Visited August 2013
Tacoma, Washington
“That perfect bite of deliciousness!!! Wow! Took us back to Italia!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

My appetizer was a fabulous mushroom brie bruschetta on a base of delicious bread toasted with the perfect crunch of olive oil and topped with melting cheese, strips of mushroom, delicious bacon cut pancetta style and topped with a gorgeous balsamic reduction. It was TRULY the perfect bite....and came with four more that started our 39th Anniversary Dinner off to a romantic meal reminiscent of both Italy and a recent indulgence in perfecto tapas in Barcelona. So Impressive! My husband's antipasto mista was devine, as were our lovingly presented dinner salads. The antipasti included a fig mercato, cured meats, artisan cheeses and Italian olives. Both my husband's perfectly prepared tenderloin and my own tart lemon scallopini were beyond compare in the Puget Sound Region. Pasta is house made, and many items offer gluten-free options. Equally important, Monica, our server, was warm, helpful and professional from her first smile to wishing us a lovely evening as we departed. We could not have asked for more! You can bet will be returning with friends and family in tow, as other local Italian eateries pale in comparison to Marzano's - on Garfield, just in front of PLU. Don't miss that perfect bite - and all the others sure to follow:-). And say hi to Monica!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Jonna_16
London, United Kingdom
“Always amazing”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2013

I have been patronizing Marzano since it opened years ago. There has never been a bad experience. The staff are always helpful, friendly and attentive and the food is outstanding. Just went again last night and had an astounding meal from the "specials" menu: wild boar lasagna with aromatics, crimini mushrooms, sautéed leeks and escarole with a gruyere béchamel. Dear God. Also had the calamari in a beautiful, fragrant tomato broth (with so much of the lovely broth left after the calamari is gone it is a shame to waste....bring it home and add white beans, torn kale and a good sausage and you'll have another incredible meal....) The menu has evolved over time and as a game fan I look forward to trying some new menu items including a braised rabbit and a wild boar cannelloni. I will admit that I am heartbroken that my all-time favorite, chicken gorgonzola, has disappeared from the menu, though I hold out hope that it will return with the cooler weather. It was so good that I was literally ordering it every single time I visited, though maybe that meant I was robbing myself....
Marzano has an excellent wine list, including a small but excellent selection of dessert wines (vin Santo!). And speaking of desserts, this is the only place I ever order one. Do not miss the tiramisu....it will be the best you have ever had. And I mean ever.
The atmosphere of Marzano is lovely, based in an older house next to Pacific Lutheran University with beautiful, calming décor as well as a nicely sized deck when the weather cooperates.
I would venture to say that Marzano consistently the best restaurant in the Tacoma area. Don't try to get in without reservations unless you want a substantial wait. But do go.

• Visited August 2013
3 Thank Sharlene B
Fircrest, WA
“Simply the best!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2013

My wife and I celebrated our wedding anniversary with dinner at Marzano's. Actually, we love to go to Marzano's for any excuse, but in the warmer weather, they have outside seating so it is easier to get a reservation. You will need a reservation, too, as this is a popular restaurant. I had their calimari for an appetizer, and we both had pheasant for the main course. Desert was chocolate cake for me, Swedish creme for my wife. All of their food was simply outstanding, as always. This is our favorite restaurant in the Puget Sound area (yes, including Seattle). Friendly, family-owned, with great service and outstanding food.

Visited June 2013