“Good spot”

Price range: US$8 - US$15
Cuisines: Seafood, Fast food
Good for: View
Dining options: Takeout
Description: We guarantee the best seafood selection in casual dining throughout the Northwest! Visit Steamers on the Tacoma waterfront.
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Cool place right near the water. Big menu, good tacos, mussels were awesome, oyster shooters are BIG.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

Located on Titlow Beach in Tacoma, this little gem of a restaurant is one of my favorites. Great seafood available prepared in several diffferent ways from deep fried, to broiled, to steamed. Order a bucket of steamer clams to get started and then enjoy whatever tickles your fancy from the menu. Ask for the captains platter. It is no longer on the menu board, but includes fish, chips, clams, shrimp, and scallops. Absolutely the best! You will also enjoy the view of the South Sound and the Tacoma Narrows bridges. Pricing is moderate and beer and wine are also served along with softdrinks. Choose a great ice cream cone scooped up from the freezer to enjoy after dinner along with a walk along the waterfront.

Reviewed 19 September 2013

I ordered the drunken shrimp scampi special and I had a piece of plastic in my food. It looked like part of the wrapper one usually finds their plastic utensils packaged in. Unfortunately, I am one of those people who just can't send food back and gives bad ratings instead. I guess I feel even more justified because the IPA in the sauce made my food very bitter tasting and almost inedible for me. My boyfriend ordered the grilled salmon and said it was overcooked, dry, and bland. I would recommend playing it safe and just ordering a drink to sip on the outdoor patio.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

Went for Dinner. Order meal at menu counter by door. I got the special of the day halibut and 4 prawns with coleslaw and fries for $12.99. Would have liked a little more coleslaw and less fries. That is my preference. Had a very good view of Puget sound and bridge. Halibut and prawns were very good. Parking lot is just before train tracks.

Reviewed 18 August 2013

We've been to Steamers many times over the years and I have to admit I'm a creature of habit who loves fish and chips, so that's what I always get. They are very good. Lightly breaded with nicely done, crispy French fries. Not at all greasy. You order at the counter, pour your own drinks, get your own condiments, sit down, and they bring the food out. The service is fast. The views of Puget Sound and the Tacoma Narrows Bridge are beautiful. On a nice day, there is some outdoor seating. This is a very good waterfront restaurant you can enjoy without breaking the bank. Recommended.